Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Much more reasonably priced car :: 2014 Mitsubishi SE w/Convenience package(adds crui

1. General Information
    Much more reasonably priced car
    Mitsubishi
    SE w/Convenience package(adds cruise and bluetooth
    Black
    cvt

Bought in Feb 2021 with 280xxx km. Had an iffy transmission.

•  
    Details

Sept 2021
    6000km used engine installed at 289xxxkm.
    2300km used cvt installed at 289xxxkm.

•  
    Comments: 230 / Views: 106483
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Do you recall the cost of the windsheild and was it done by a national Canadian glass place? Also, does your car have the heated seats/foglight package as well as the BT?

Thanks
    Normal cost through the company we use at work is around $200. It's not a national chain.
    Yeah this car is an SE so has heated seats, height adjustable drivers seat and fog lights,automagic temp controls, heated mirrors. And it has the extra fancy convenience package? that adds cruise and bluetooth that my previous 2014 SE did not have.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

My rear brakes are finally noisy enough to make me want to replace them. I ordered a set of bare drums the other day for about $100. I found wheel bearings on rockauto for way cheaper than I can buy them for.
    I've got a cart full of parts ready to order up:
    -Brake shoes
    -all 4 wheel bearings
    -cabin filter
    -sway bar end links to see if they make it go faster...
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-16-2022),mohammad (06-16-2022)

I have all the parts that I ordered now. For some dumb reason I didn't pay attention and only ordered one sway bar end link kit to replace one side...
    Just finished pressing the bearings into the drums. I just realized that front wheel studs are slightly longer than the rear ones. I pressed 4 into one drum before noticing they don't look right. There's a chance the wheel nut will bottom out before the wheel is tight. I'll have to search for some abs rings as well or attempt to reuse my old ones...Or find some new cheapo ones? I have time, I"m busy until August.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Just finished pressing the bearings into the drums. I just realized that front wheel studs are slightly longer than the rear ones. I pressed 4 into one drum before noticing they don't look right. There's a chance the wheel nut will bottom out before the wheel is tight. I'll have to search for some abs rings as well or attempt to reuse my old ones...Or find some new cheapo ones? I have time, I"m busy until August.
    you must have some rich people lug nuts. Mine off rock auto leave the bolt exposed so it wouldn't matter how long the stud was.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

No, I just wasn't clear enough. Nuts have nothing to do with it.

The longer front studs aren't threaded all the way so the nut(open or closed...)will stop tightening when they hit the non threaded part and there's a good chance the wheel won't be tight yet.

I didn't think about it til after the fact, the front studs are longer because they are pressed into the hub flange then they poke through the rotor, those two things are thicker than the drum("flange").

I'll just re-use my old one. I threw out all the old drums that I replaced over the years for some reason...
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-29-2022 at 09:36 PM.
    Mirage videos:

This happened the day. I forgot how close it was….Attachment 23929
    I’ve got a noice coming from the pulleys or front of the engine at 1000rpm. It’s a weird one, it sounds like it’s coming from then crank pulley.

I haven’t replaced the rear brakes yet. They’re not squeaking anymore so they’re probably fine.

Yeah it’s dusty in the picture, car is full of pollen.
    Mirage videos:

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

craigq (07-11-2022),inuvik (07-11-2022),mohammad (08-31-2022)

I'm at 301xxxkm. A little overdue for an oil change now. I've got an annoying squeak from the engine or pulley under light load. It's been going on for about a month or maybe longer. I really only hear it when the windows are down but it is annoying. It's fine, trust me I'm a mekenic.

I put 1300km on my truck last week towing our camper around the province a little bit. Averaged 8.5mpg(us) and spent $650 in diesel. That's about 15 tanks of fuel for the Mirage. Crazy.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    No, I just wasn't clear enough. Nuts have nothing to do with it.

The longer front studs aren't threaded all the way so the nut(open or closed...)will stop tightening when they hit the non threaded part and there's a good chance the wheel won't be tight yet.

I didn't think about it til after the fact, the front studs are longer because they are pressed into the hub flange then they poke through the rotor, those two things are thicker than the drum("flange").

I'll just re-use my old one. I threw out all the old drums that I replaced over the years for some reason...
    FUMMINS WAS RIGHT. front and rear lug studs are now listed separately on rock auto!
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Thanks?
    Mirage videos:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (08-31-2022)

302484km
    Replaced rear drums, wheel bearings and shoes.
    Reused the old wheel studs and abs rings.

Mirage videos: