Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Much more reasonably priced car :: 2014 Mitsubishi SE w/Convenience package(adds crui

1. General Information
    Much more reasonably priced car
    Mitsubishi
    SE w/Convenience package(adds cruise and bluetooth
    Black
    cvt

Bought in Feb 2021 with 280xxx km. Had an iffy transmission.

•  
    Details

Sept 2021
    6000km used engine installed at 289xxxkm.
    2300km used cvt installed at 289xxxkm.

•  
    Comments: 234 / Views: 109883
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm at 301xxxkm. A little overdue for an oil change now. I've got an annoying squeak from the engine or pulley under light load. It's been going on for about a month or maybe longer. I really only hear it when the windows are down but it is annoying. It's fine, trust me I'm a mekenic.

I put 1300km on my truck last week towing our camper around the province a little bit. Averaged 8.5mpg(us) and spent $650 in diesel. That's about 15 tanks of fuel for the Mirage. Crazy.
    How's the serpentine belt looking? I know when I replaced mine @ 150k km the annoying noise I was hearing disappeared. When do you recommend changing out that belt? They good for what? 200k km?

I guess I never did follow up in this thread. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...l=1#post145243
    It was an exhaust squeak.
    I think I replaced the belt either after I bought the car or when I replaced the engine? Either or the belt has under 30k km on it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-25-2022)

302489km
    Oil change
    Fram filter ph7317(it’s fine)
    Pennzoil platinum 5w20 full synth(because I had a jug in the garage)
    Air filter still looks new(from when engine was replaced) wix.
    Last edited by Fummins; 09-25-2022 at 03:31 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    302489km
    Oil change
    Fram filter ph7317(it’s fine)
    Pennzoil platinum 5w20 full synth(because I had a jug in the garage)
    Air filter still looks new(from when engine was replaced) wix.
    Sounds like the "Reasonably Priced Car" has received some TLC lately.

Given the price of vehicles here, it's worth taking care of what you already have for sure!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    How's the serpentine belt looking? I know when I replaced mine @ 150k km the annoying noise I was hearing disappeared. When do you recommend changing out that belt? They good for what? 200k km?
    I plan on changing mine at 100,000 miles, but I have the replacement stored with my spare tire in the rear. Should it fail before that, I don't want to be stranded somewhere on a Sunday afternoon because of a belt.

Mirage owner manual does not specify changing it at a certain interval (just suggests inspecting it).

Quotes on the topic -

"An older-style belt, made from Neoprene, usually lasts around 50,000 miles. Thus, a car with this type of belt might last you for four to five years. However, a newer belt made from ethylene propylene diene monomer, or EPDM, may last for 100,000 miles to 150,000 miles."

Unless someone like Fummins (who works on these cars all the time) says it should be replaced before 160,000 km, that's my plan. If my plan sucks, the plan B is in my car already.

I tend to take most of my longer trips with my Mirage. I keep a serpentine belt & clutch cable stored inside of my spare tire. I have also switched out my donut spare & have one of my full size tires in that space now. I would hate to be hundreds of miles from home & have to use a donut spare that distance.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I plan on changing mine at 100,000 miles, but I have the replacement stored with my spare tire in the rear. Should it fail before that, I don't want to be stranded somewhere on a Sunday afternoon because of a belt.

Mirage owner manual does not specify changing it at a certain interval (just suggests inspecting it).

Quotes on the topic -

"An older-style belt, made from Neoprene, usually lasts around 50,000 miles. Thus, a car with this type of belt might last you for four to five years. However, a newer belt made from ethylene propylene diene monomer, or EPDM, may last for 100,000 miles to 150,000 miles."

Unless someone like Fummins (who works on these cars all the time) says it should be replaced before 160,000 km, that's my plan. If my plan sucks, the plan B is in my car already.

I tend to take most of my longer trips with my Mirage. I keep a serpentine belt & clutch cable stored inside of my spare tire. I have also switched out my donut spare & have one of my full size tires in that space now. I would hate to be hundreds of miles from home & have to use a donut spare that distance.
    Which belt does the Mirage come with?

Looks good from far Attachment 24341 Attachment 24342Attachment 24343Attachment 24344 just a little rust. It’s collecting lots of parking lot dents. Strange considering I park on the street at work and hardly ever park in parking lots other than crappy tire or liquor store.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-24-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Looks good from far Attachment 24341 Attachment 24342Attachment 24343Attachment 24344 just a little rust. It’s collecting lots of parking lot dents. Strange considering I park on the street at work and hardly ever park in parking lots other than crappy tire or liquor store.
    I still miss not having the 1st gen front fascia anymore. The new "Dynamic Shield" for the 3rd gen is fine but not as cool as when the Mirage looked like a toy out of a Japanese kid's Hot Wheels collection.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I still miss not having the 1st gen front fascia anymore. The new "Dynamic Shield" for the 3rd gen is fine but not as cool as when the Mirage looked like a toy out of a Japanese kid's Hot Wheels collection.
    I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of agree with ya there. Mine has the in between front fascia. But like you say not only does it look like you state, but it also has a sportier look to it. Mine's just ok. The mail slot front is mo' bettuh.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of agree with ya there. Mine has the in between front fascia. But like you say not only does it look like you state, but it also has a sportier look to it. Mine's just ok. The mail slot front is mo' bettuh.
    Most of the Mirage performance racing I've seen utilizes the 1st gen fascia too. I'm guessing it's drag coefficient is optimal compared to gen 3 & 4?