Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Much more reasonably priced car :: 2014 Mitsubishi SE w/Convenience package(adds crui

1. General Information
    Much more reasonably priced car
    Mitsubishi
    SE w/Convenience package(adds cruise and bluetooth
    Black
    cvt

Bought in Feb 2021 with 280xxx km. Had an iffy transmission.

•  
    Details

Sept 2021
    6000km used engine installed at 289xxxkm.
    2300km used cvt installed at 289xxxkm.

•  
    Comments: 230 / Views: 107625
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is what the VW TDI guys have been doing for 20 years... I have been wanting to try it for a while.

Name:  liftkit2inch.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  28.3 KB

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-26-2023)

I saw a jacked up Jetta the other day on the freeway. Sounds like the wife spotted it yesterday around the corner from our house too. For the crap we did I think some airbags in the back would be good enough to help with bottoming out. The car was so overloaded that there's no point in going with taller tires cause it had a hard enough time already lol
    Amazingly enough the rad support doesn't seem to be bent.
    Last edited by Fummins; 05-26-2023 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Shouldn't self incriminate...
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-26-2023)

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (05-26-2023),MetroMPG (05-29-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    So I recently had my mirage on a couple of rocky bush roads like the one in your video (minus the river crossing). I was a bit scared that I'm gonna pop one of those dinky tires on those sharp rocks. They look very thin, them tires. How was your experience, did you drive on rocks like that for a long time, or just that short little section near the river?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.9 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.8 mpg (Imp)

Most of the roads we were on all weekend were gravel. They were fine for the most part.
    Out in the area where I took these 2 video's was rough! Sharp large rocks for about 50kms. It would have been just as fast to walk. I took the wifes Sorento down that same section but coming the other direction, it was just as rough in that thing too. The trail has gotten a lot worse since then, chewed up from quads and jeeps lol.
    The video in the dark doesn't show much but it's a pretty steep, loose rocky decent into a valley. It took us an hour and a half or so to make it 20kms. One of my rear tires already has a plug basically poking out of the sidewall, the permanent temporary fix...It was a blast! I had my mini spare, tire plugs and an air compressor. Still running winter tires(year round for the last 3 years lol) so that may help a hair...
    Mirage videos:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (05-26-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Most of the roads we were on all weekend were gravel. They were fine for the most part.
    Out in the area where I took these 2 video's was rough! Sharp large rocks for about 50kms. It would have been just as fast to walk. I took the wifes Sorento down that same section but coming the other direction, it was just as rough in that thing too. The trail has gotten a lot worse since then, chewed up from quads and jeeps lol.
    The video in the dark doesn't show much but it's a pretty steep, loose rocky decent into a valley. It took us an hour and a half or so to make it 20kms. One of my rear tires already has a plug basically poking out of the sidewall, the permanent temporary fix...It was a blast! I had my mini spare, tire plugs and an air compressor. Still running winter tires(year round for the last 3 years lol) so that may help a hair...
    That would be really sketchy if you had to use the mini spare in those conditions

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.9 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.8 mpg (Imp)

Yeah, the spare would be going on the back. I’ve got a few more funkier clips that were a little more challenging. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much on a road trip before!
    Mirage videos:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-29-2023)

Epic Mirage trip! Thanks for posting & alerting me in the other thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah a granny low gear would have been helpful. My friend is considering picking up an old Tercel 4wd 5 spd wagon with the extra low gear.
    I'd love to get me one of those. Have no need for it, but I always appreciated that Toyota even made such an oddball. Similar to the Civic Wagovan, which you could also get with AWD (not sure about low gear though).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-29-2023)

I think this was a first of many trips with this car. As long as it doesn't rain I'm fine with a tent. Setting up and taking down a tent in the rain sucks....
    There's a lot more exploring in that area to do. Just walking around near the road and in the side by side deep in the middle of bf nowhere.
    There's an old coal mine that only ran for a year or 2 around 1912 that we want to go pin point and look for. We found some old rail road tracks and a few decomposing cabins within 15km of each other near a river that's neat to explore. Will be taking out the metal detectors and drone this year! Last summer I found a huge old camp skillet with lid just laying under a tree covered in moss, other than a few holes it was in good shape.Attachment 25282Attachment 25283Attachment 25284
    Last edited by Fummins; 05-29-2023 at 05:08 PM.
    Mirage videos:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-29-2023)

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O4g8oAfRnz4

Mirage videos:

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-29-2023)