Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Much more reasonably priced car :: 2014 Mitsubishi SE w/Convenience package(adds crui

1. General Information
    Much more reasonably priced car
    Mitsubishi
    SE w/Convenience package(adds cruise and bluetooth
    Black
    cvt

Bought in Feb 2021 with 280xxx km. Had an iffy transmission.

•  
    Details

Sept 2021
    6000km used engine installed at 289xxxkm.
    2300km used cvt installed at 289xxxkm.

•  
    Comments: 230 / Views: 106485
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I thought health care in Canadia was free. I'm not trying to start no daggone health care war, I was just looking for a bit of clarity why you as a Kanuck, would need health insurance through work...

Kanuck is not derogatory is it? If so, I didn't mean it that way. I think it sounds cool.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I thought health care in Canadia was free. I'm not trying to start no daggone health care war, I was just looking for a bit of clarity why you as a Kanuck, would need health insurance through work...

Kanuck is not derogatory is it? If so, I didn't mean it that way. I think it sounds cool.
    I just don't make sense with my word typings....Surgery was free, most if not all are but don't quote me on that one, boob and azz jobs aren't covered afaik?, though I wouldn't be surprised if sex changes are covered and take priority over..can of worms there...

Ambulance rides aren't free, same with prescriptions, might be some that are covered but most of the stuff the wife is one isn't covered by the freebie health care deal. Years ago I got trucked by ambulance from a camping spot(my quad broke my femur) to the nearest small town hospital(got a bill in the mail within days), I then got transferred 3hrs to the city(I was too effered for them to deal with there) in another bambalance and never did get billed for that one, maybe it was a buy one get 1 free? No clue....

So we have aftermarket health care plans to help cover the costs of prescriptions and other stuff that isn't covered like dental and a bunch of other stuff. Free plan helps with most things but doesn't cover everything. Free is good as long as you don't need prescriptions that aren't covered.
    Maybe someone else can explain it better, other provinces might be a little different. I've only lived in this one.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ontario is getting better. Drugs are free for under 26 and over 65 and the disabled. All non cosmetic surgery is covered, althouh you may have a long wait. Dental is your dime or insurance through work if you have it. those plans also give you a private room, homecare, eyglasses, hearing aids, mobility devices and so on.

FWIW, with no supplemental coverage everything to do with my cancer in 2018/19 was paid for. Same with my new hip, new hand, new foot. Seniors I know buy insurance to cover their snowbird excursions and travel overseas. Ambulance rides here are not free either but are subsidized.

Troon sex change surgery is free, you can change sex free but you're not getting your stretched out free.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-03-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Ontario is getting better. Drugs are free for under 26 and over 65 and the disabled. All non cosmetic surgery is covered, althouh you may have a long wait. Dental is your dime or insurance through work if you have it. those plans also give you a private room, homecare, eyglasses, hearing aids, mobility devices and so on.

FWIW, with no supplemental coverage everything to do with my cancer in 2018/19 was paid for. Same with my new hip, new hand, new foot. Seniors I know buy insurance to cover their snowbird excursions and travel overseas. Ambulance rides here are not free either but are subsidized.

Troon sex change surgery is free, you can change sex free but you're not getting your stretched out free.
    Just to walk in an ER in America without insurance is an easy $2k to $4k, that's before actually seeing s physician or even a nurse. An even bigger problem is many are underinsured here. We're talking $7k deductibles and insane co-pays. My surgery last year was $31000 and insurance only covered half. Hospitals sue in court now for medical debt in spite of the fact they often charge up to 10x more for a procedure than other western industrialized nations. If I was Dutch or Danish, my surgery out of pocket would of been slightly over $4k USD. Health care MFGs as well as big Pharma claim they have to charge that much because if they dont, it'll stifle innovation and research. Needless to say it wouldn't, it's all about greed. Look up everything the British NHS has invented for modern medicine and tell me they're stifled with lack of innovation, or the Louis Pasteur Institute in France.

We got two sayings here in America, "It's better to be rich and guilty, than poor and innocent." and "Don't get sick, and if you do, die quick." My ex sister in law's father had a slow, debilitating cancer that even with state employee health insurance and benefits, eventually bankrupted her family. Chapter 11, her Mom losing her home, savings ate up by hospice care, it was a nightmare.

How much is an ambulance ride in Alberta? It'll easy cost you over a grand here, depending on what was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post

How much is an ambulance ride in Alberta? It'll easy cost you over a grand here, depending on what was done.
    I think mine was around $200 from 15 mins out of town near an air strip into town. That was around 2010 though. The only other time I've gotten a bill was when the ex called the 9-11 when one of the kids had a bloody nose during one of her visits about 4 years ago...That one cost around $200 or so just to have some paramedics stop a nose bleed.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I think mine was around $200 from 15 mins out of town near an air strip into town. That was around 2010 though. The only other time I've gotten a bill was when the ex called the 9-11 when one of the kids had a bloody nose during one of her visits about 4 years ago...That one cost around $200 or so just to have some paramedics stop a nose bleed.
    Standard ambulance trips here are about $44. More if you just called for a joyride or were lonely. Ya, the medics tell me they get a lot of that during holidays. People just want attention. There's also a list of frequent flyers that are pure nuisance nutcases.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    $200! You lucky motherlover. It's very common in Atlanta for people to take an Uber to the ER instead because of the cost of an ambulance. Uber had to put out an announcement saying to stop doing that lol. I give us to about year 2100 before it truly turns into the Thunderdome here. On the bright side, being able to strap a giant crossbow to the roof of your car and become a leather-daddy raider doesn't sound half bad. If it's good enough for Tina Turner it's good for me.

On a side note, one of the best books I ever read about keeping your marriage together was written by the legendary Ike Turner.

I got the ugly armrest installed.
    Mirage videos:

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-05-2023),inuvik (02-05-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Good video brother, you're getting pretty good at them. I have less fear now about installing seat heaters should I keep my 2017.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-05-2023)

The armrest is hanging in there. I kinda wish I mounted it a little lower but glad I didn't go any higher. It's fine....

I was tossing around the idea of putting a hitch on the car. We have a car at work that was bought used and has a curt hitch on it.... The main thing I'd want to tow is my side by side but it's weighs 1600lb stock, and I've added probably at least 100lbs of extra battery,2 winches, glass winshield, wood storage box, recovery gear,extra fuel,beer etc...maybe 200lbs. A decent 6x10 or 12 trailer would probably weigh at least 800lbs. The side by side is 7' tall and is anything but aerodynamic. I have a truck and don't have a trailer anyways so I'm scrapping the idea. But.....I'm thinking as a project if I ever do upgrade vehicles....

How stupid(legal) of an idea would it be to take off the back bumper and rebar(crash bar), extend the frame rails with some c-channel,8 1/2' should work nicely...Maybe a 3500lb trailer axle and leaf springs, could install an adjustable(they all are) trailer brake controller if using electric trailer brakes or try to fit some off of another vehicle? Nv200 uses a trailing axle and leaf spring setup..... Slap some tail lights, proper marker lights, relocate the license plate and Bob's your auntie. Other than being a terrible idea, what could go wrong?

Mirage videos: