Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Much more reasonably priced car :: 2014 Mitsubishi SE w/Convenience package(adds crui

1. General Information
    Much more reasonably priced car
    Mitsubishi
    SE w/Convenience package(adds cruise and bluetooth
    Black
    cvt

Bought in Feb 2021 with 280xxx km. Had an iffy transmission.

•  
    Details

Sept 2021
    6000km used engine installed at 289xxxkm.
    2300km used cvt installed at 289xxxkm.

•  
    Comments: 230 / Views: 106468
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You could sell your Kawasaki rig, & buy a few more Mirage beater cars!

Have fun on your next adventure!
    I was seriously considering it. I could free up a few extra bucks, space and time(keeping it on the road/trail) if I flogged the truck, trailer and side by side. It's a struggle trying to balance paying off our house quickly and having a life. I'm kinda thinking of getting one of those little kei trucks to try out one day too. On the other hand, I like having the side by side. It can go way more places than the car and is just as reliable. I've got a friend with a Chinese side by side that is getting frustrated spending more time and money fixing it than using it.

Last edited by Fummins; 06-02-2023 at 05:00 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    This makes me realize, a Mirage would look good as a dually. I guess it would have to be a front dually though...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I was seriously considering it. I could free up a few extra bucks, space and time(keeping it on the road/trail) if I flogged the truck, trailer and side by side. It's a struggle trying to balance paying off our house quickly and having a life. I'm kinda thinking of getting one of those little kei trucks to try out one day too. On the other hand, I like having the side by side. It can go way more places than the car and is just as reliable. I've got a friend with a Chinese side by side that is getting frustrated spending more time and money fixing it than using it.
    My days of exploring and being in the wilds are done. There's dick all in Ontario to explore that I haven't already seen. I'd love to spend some time in BC and explore there. When I want some adventure I climb into the Zenair and away I go.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

I thought I saw all there was to see in the area that I've been going to for the last 20 years. But nope. We passed right on by a lot of stuff that we're now going back to check out. Can see a lot more when you're barely moving lol

Bc is on the list.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Is a Zenair a booooosh plane? That sounds fun.

Fummins - I'm trying to pay off my house quickly too. I'm down owing less than $60k. If I stick to the payments I have just under 4 years to go. I told The Warden to quit asking for new this and new that (like a kitchen, outdoor kitchen, new deck, new carpet, new whatever, just knock it off). Because I'm not paying for dick until the house pays off. Then we will have enough extra cashflow to make a list of what all the house NEEDS, and what her WANTS are, and then we can attack it logically, and while we're not strapped.

Unfortunately, it looks like I may have to pay her off and trade her in. Which means, I'll have to move because I can't pay her off, including half the value of the house, and be able to stay in the house. It sucks. Not sure how all that is going to pan out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Is a Zenair a booooosh plane? That sounds fun.

Fummins - I'm trying to pay off my house quickly too. I'm down owing less than $60k. If I stick to the payments I have just under 4 years to go. I told The Warden to quit asking for new this and new that (like a kitchen, outdoor kitchen, new deck, new carpet, new whatever, just knock it off). Because I'm not paying for dick until the house pays off. Then we will have enough extra cashflow to make a list of what all the house NEEDS, and what her WANTS are, and then we can attack it logically, and while we're not strapped.

Unfortunately, it looks like I may have to pay her off and trade her in. Which means, I'll have to move because I can't pay her off, including half the value of the house, and be able to stay in the house. It sucks. Not sure how all that is going to pan out.
    I don't read between the lines very well sometimes. I hope whatever is going on in your life gets worked out.

My home was on the market for a period of time while going through a divorce. It was a low point in my life. I wish that I was still married, but you can't control the other person if they want out. Eventually, the housing market dropped enough to where I could buy her out. The housing market crash of 2008-09 actually worked in my favor. As far as paying her off, I really didn't mind. She worked to help pay for things, & she deserved her part of that.

It left me with more mortgage than I wanted at that stage in my life, but I've learned to adjust. I would like to say that driving a Mirage is part of that adjustment, but I was sort of lame about small economy cars even before that. My 1990 Ford Festiva was a prime example of that.

If I won the lottery (which would be a miracle since I never buy a ticket), I would surely pay off my home. I don't think what I drive would change, however. That's one area of life that I have learned to be content about.

I didn't mean to babble about me, but I do hope things work out for you!

Yeah ”we” managed to knock off 9 years of payments in under 5. Was supposed to renew for 20 but renewed 16. But with interest rates being high, that won’t help the next term. Is it true in the US that it’s common to have the same interest rate for the full term(typically 25 years up here)? Here we sign up for a 25 year term but renew it every 1-5 years. 5 being the most common. If rates go down since last time, good. If they go up then you pay more for that term.
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-03-2023 at 02:06 AM.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks

cargo bag?

It's almost time for another trip...
    i heard you have gone camping with a cargo bag on your mirage .... https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...l=1#post153117 i plan to use one and am wondering what to expect in gas mileage loss and how much weight capacity the roof can handle

thoughts?

thanks in advance

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsray View Post
    i heard you have gone camping with a cargo bag on your mirage .... https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...l=1#post153117 i plan to use one and am wondering what to expect in gas mileage loss and how much weight capacity the roof can handle

thoughts?

thanks in advance
    I’ll try to post a picture of where the roof brace(s) is/are. I had my cargo bag loaded with a propane fire pit, tent, camp chairs, pots and pans, sleeping bags, a cot and air mattress. And a small suit case. I just threw the bag up there with no cares given. After we got home the back of the roof had a nice dent in it. It popped back out mostly but I dented it previously already by using it as a stool. If you’re careful and don’t go crazy with weight you might be ok. As for fuel mileage, it’s hard to say how much of a lose I had. I didn’t record economy very well on that trip but it was noticeable. With the bag it took about 20 liters to get about 350km on the highway mainly doing 120kph. This most recent trip took 18 liters going the same distance but “ I was in Mexico” doing 130kph a lot of the time. If I were to haul stuff on the roof more than once a year I’d look into roof rails of some kind and a hard shell box instead. It’d be easier to mount and access cargo when needed. Less/no chance of damaging roof. But I’m not too concerned about scratches, dents, floods etc.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah ”we” managed to knock off 9 years of payments in under 5. Was supposed to renew for 20 but renewed 16. But with interest rates being high, that won’t help the next term. Is it true in the US that it’s common to have the same interest rate for the full term(typically 25 years up here)? Here we sign up for a 25 year term but renew it every 1-5 years. 5 being the most common. If rates go down since last time, good. If they go up then you pay more for that term.
    Fummins - Down here, to my understanding, a 30 year fixed rate is by far the most common. Probably 90% of home mortgages are that, if I were to guess. I got a 15 year fixed rate mortgage, at 2.875%. At that low of an interest rate, I'm not paying it off early. I'm trying to keep the college tuitions paid off as we go. 15 year fixed saves a tremendous amount of money compared to a 30 year. But you know how it is, that 30 year fixed mortgage let some people buy that more expensive house in order for them to have the IMAGE of being more successful. That's important to a lot of people. A few years back, the wife wanted us to move into a more snooty neighborhood. I went and looked at a house. It was an awesome house. But it was nearly double the cost of what our house is. I explained to her that if we buy this house, then we're looking at a new 30 year mortgage (because I wouldn't have been able to swing the 15 year payment on it), no flexibility for vacations, expenses for the boys (their sports), we can't really help them with college expenses, etc etc etc. She wasn't listening to anything of reason, so I just had to tell her ... NO.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-05-2023)