Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Much more reasonably priced car :: 2014 Mitsubishi SE w/Convenience package(adds crui

1. General Information
    Much more reasonably priced car
    Mitsubishi
    SE w/Convenience package(adds cruise and bluetooth
    Black
    cvt

Bought in Feb 2021 with 280xxx km. Had an iffy transmission.

•  
    Details

Sept 2021
    6000km used engine installed at 289xxxkm.
    2300km used cvt installed at 289xxxkm.

•  
    Comments: 234 / Views: 109604
    I can't remember if I mentioned wanting to take my Mirage camping or not but that's a thing now. Most of Alberta is under a fire ban and ohv ban so I can't use my side by side but I can use my car on old logging and oil field roads searching for new trails, camping spots and just trying to get lost.

I'm gonna try to stuff my car into the back of my holiday trailer. Because why tf not.

Edit: Might not take the trailer, still undecided. As fun as it'd be I might save that for another day. I'll definitely see if it's gonna fit though. I may be the only one going.

Edit again:.....

Last edited by Fummins; 05-16-2023 at 04:30 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-15-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    What kind of idiotic ban is the OHV ban? they ban SUV's, pickups and "jeeps". why did they single out jeeps? https://www.alberta.ca/fire-bans.aspx why didnt they just ban gas vehicles.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-16-2023)

Yeah, that'd make more sense. And maybe ban Chevy Bolts too(jk)....And trains, and smokers.

I didn't see fwd car listed. I wonder if there's a grey area loophole and if it's just 4x4's are banned offroad? I've seen one too many groups of trail tampon Jeeps clogging up a trail doing 1mph...

I'll just put Kawasaki Jet Ski stickers, one of those novelty hitch propellers and hang a couple inner tubes off the bumper of the side by side. And just like that, it identifies as a personal watercraft....It just hasn't fully transitioned yet.
    Last edited by Fummins; 05-16-2023 at 08:59 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'll just put Kawasaki Jet Ski stickers, one of those novelty hitch propellers and hang a couple inner tubes off the bumper of the side by side. And just like that, it identifies as a personal watercraft....It just hasn't fully transitioned yet.
    Here Ya Go https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/othe...re/ar-AA1aUE7g
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-16-2023)

Looks like I'm just taking the car now. I went to "recharge" the ac in the truck before heading to pick up my trailer. Turns out the compressor is seized and now the clutch is cooked too. And the accumulator is rusted and leaking.
    So now trying to plan a trip in the Mirage. My one kiddo wants to come too. We'll head out, drive 3hrs west and pick up a buddy then not sure where to go from there. Hoping to head south along the rockies but there are a few out of control fires that way so that might not pan out. Not sure how far we'll get or where to camp yet? Just gonna wing it.

Hoping to do something like this , I had to use walking instead of driving on the map because one of the roads washed away 8 or so years ago (and the county never fixed it cause it was only used by campers and quaders) and is now a jeep/atv trail(or kia sorento) for a small section and has a bunch of berms to try and get over so that'll be fun to try.

So I was hoping to remove the larger lh rear seat back and leave the rh side in place for the kiddo to have more room for camping crap but that's not possible. When you remove the lh side you also remove the lh(inner)pivot for the rh seat back. So the left side is staying and rh is out. The 2 seat backs kinda lock together when in the same position. With the lh side down and rh side up they will pull apart easily once the 2 14mm bolts are removed from the outboard mounts(large black brackets).

Pics are to come eventually.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-19-2023)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (05-20-2023),inuvik (05-21-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Jeesus, it's only 13 here. Can't do FA outside, pouring rain. Every day like this I get another day behind. sucks
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Fummins - Your Mirage looks kind of badass out in the woods! I'm impressed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-23-2023)