Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Much more reasonably priced car :: 2014 Mitsubishi SE w/Convenience package(adds crui

1. General Information
    Much more reasonably priced car
    Mitsubishi
    SE w/Convenience package(adds cruise and bluetooth
    Black
    cvt

Bought in Feb 2021 with 280xxx km. Had an iffy transmission.

•  
    Details

Sept 2021
    6000km used engine installed at 289xxxkm.
    2300km used cvt installed at 289xxxkm.

•  
    Comments: 237 / Views: 110544
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Someone around here suggested downshifting manually before coming to a stop, something about shifting to Sport mode or some such.
    I put mine in neutral right before I come to a complete stop at virtually every stoplight if I know I'm going to be sitting there more than 10-15 seconds.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-15-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I tried. It doesn't work. Gonna have to figure out what dingus to buy and soft/hardware I need to do this. Using a scan tool via obdII seems impossible with these particular modules from what I've read so far. I can't clear the stored crash data. I am able to clear the vin mismatch code by writing the correct vin for the car to it twice in a row, I didn't know that was possible before, I thought you had to pull the file from the old module from the car then upload it to the replacement one in order to clear that code. So this wasn't a complete waste of time. I'm just hoping to avoid a trip to the dealer.
    So...I bought a module that an acquaintance got from a pick and pull 2014 Mirage that wasn't in an accident. I plugged it in, programmed my vin to it and I'm still getting a vin mismatch code. I'll try a few more times before hitting it with a hammer. The last 3 digits in this module are 235, turns out it's the exact same part number as the original one. The ones I was playing with from a 2015 mirage had a different 874 or 374 part number. I'll try entering the vin a few more times and see if that magically works.
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-11-2024 at 06:28 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    So...I bought a module that an acquaintance got from a pick and pull 2014 Mirage that wasn't in an accident. I plugged it in, programmed my vin to it and I'm still getting a vin mismatch code. I'll try a few more times before hitting it with a hammer. The last 3 digits in this module are 235, turns out it's the exact same part number as the original one. The ones I was playing with from a 2015 mirage had a different 874 or 374 part number. I'll try entering the vin a few more times and see if that magically works.
    You're trying too hard and are probably activating the anxiety detector circuit. Finish a Keystone or two and try again.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-11-2024)

So, I forgot to bring the scanner home last night. Figured I'd play with it tonight. This morning I noticed the airbag light is now off(I can't remember if it was on last night). Everything is awesome again, no more warning lights. Just gotta bolt down the module, console and re-install all the interior trim that I took off almost a year ago. Gotta find me some body plugs too.

Filled up with fuel this morning, last tank averaged 39mpg. I'm gonna throw the old worn down 175/65 winter tires on one of these days. I still have to replace a front wheel bearing(gonna just replace both). At least I think it's a front one that's growling.

I should change the oil too. It's time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

This morning Name:  IMG_4739.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  89.0 KB

Did a few things to the turd today. Oil change, mounted the airbag module(with bolts), almost swaped tires over.

318351km oil change. Used motomaster 5w30(conventional I assume) cause I already had a jug in the garage and used a fram filter cause it was the second cheapest one they had at crappy tire and I like the grippy crap it has on it.

I went to throw my old 175 snow tires with about 1/4-1/3 life left on the car but one was flat. I filled it up and it was leaking from the plug I stuffed into the sidewall early last year. Before I took it on 2 camping trips lol I have two other loose tires but they’re 165/65’s so are a little shorter. I’m thinking of going with 185/60r14. I’d like to try and sell the near new momo 165/65r14 snow tires but I’ll probably never get around to it. If anyone local wants them let me know. They have about 3000km on them. I want something different, maybe studded next year. For now they’re back on the car.

I tried making a video going over the car but keep having add moments and the next thing I knew I took the door panel off while trying to explain how the 2017’s often have the bolts for the window regulator come loose and ruin the door lol

I might do another car camping trip with the car and my buddy Indeewoods. The Delica is having problems with the transmission. I’m hoping I don’t have to replace it. I just had it working great then it acted up right after I got home from the trip I took with it. It wouldn’t be good to have it die 12 hrs - 30hrs from home this summer.

I’m gonna order up some old style focus helper for airbags to stuff in the rear springs to help with sag and maybe even handling(sway).
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-21-2024 at 11:22 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (04-22-2024)

Name:  IMG_4852.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  94.0 KB

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I love it. You just have to lift it about 12 inches and it will fit

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)