Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BLASTING Down the Quarter Mile...

I'm just gonna leave this here.... https://www.zex.com/safe-shot-nitrous-system-cpg.html

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't believe none of the major global automotive publications haven't instrument tested a 5MT 1.2 Mirage. I looked a while back but couldn't find anything from Car and Driver, Road & Track, MotorTrend, etc. They all seemed to have tested the CVT. I'd think a European publication must've run at least a 0-100 kmh test!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-05-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Hey, that's cheating! Not allowed in my event buddy!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

https://www.parkers.co.uk/mitsubishi/mirage/review/
    Most Mirages sold will be fitted with the 1.2-litre engine, however, which is available with either a five-speed manual gearbox or an automatic CVT, or Continuously Variable Transmission. In manual configuration the 79bhp engine gives the Mirage a quicker 0-62mph time of 11.7 seconds
    I guess it depends on where you look, this site shows the cvt possibly being quicker using mfg specs
    https://www.automobile-catalog.com/m...ch_2/2017.html
    Last edited by Fummins; 10-05-2021 at 07:56 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Subcompact Culture (10-07-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    If I read that right, via simulation, the CVT wins with a 17.9 second E.T. versus a 5 speed with an 18.3 second E.T.

I can see the simulation producing such results.

I feel an actual test may be required ... CVT versus 5 speed. Of course it depends on how talented the 5 speed driver is.

In any event, assuming both were running well, a 5 speed may have somewhat of an advantage, but the CVT is not likely to mess up like a 5 speed driver easily could (lug, stall, too much slippage, etc).

It seems like a fairly even matchup.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    If I read that right, via simulation, the CVT wins with a 17.9 second E.T. versus a 5 speed with an 18.3 second E.T.

I can see the simulation producing such results.

I feel an actual test may be required ... CVT versus 5 speed. Of course it depends on how talented the 5 speed driver is.

In any event, assuming both were running well, a 5 speed may have somewhat of an advantage, but the CVT is not likely to mess up like a 5 speed driver easily could (lug, stall, too much slippage, etc).

It seems like a fairly even matchup.
    I guess we'll just have to meet up and race 7miles. I'll bring the G4 since it has 4 more HP than my 2014 hatch lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is a fun one. Maybe I'll rent a mirage - since all of them renters are CVT and ask the wife to drive it. We both go to the 1/4 mile and I'll let you know.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    CVT is a lot heavier than the MT its big factor if your talking about drag race, but try using the B mode the RPM will raise to 3000 when you press the acc it feels like some turbo spool you will feel the torque it will literally pinned you down on your seat first time i tried using that im really surprised, get a momentum using B then punch it on D...and get ready for a sudden drop on your fuel gauge..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Don't forget you'll get extra credit for doing a smokey burnout first.

There's always 1 guy with a slow POS at Test and Tune night. But he'll roll through the water box and do a 1-wheel-wonder burnout for 30 seconds that throws off so much smoke it would make John Force proud. Then he'll roll to the line and run mid 17s.

On second thought...if you try a burnout in a CVT Mirage, I'm pretty sure all the smoke would be coming from inside the transmission case...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

bde269 (10-11-2021),Dirk Diggler (10-06-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Don't forget you'll get extra credit for doing a smokey burnout first.

There's always 1 guy with a slow POS at Test and Tune night. But he'll roll through the water box and do a 1-wheel-wonder burnout for 30 seconds that throws off so much smoke it would make John Force proud. Then he'll roll to the line and run mid 17s.

On second thought...if you try a burnout in a CVT Mirage, I'm pretty sure all the smoke would be coming from inside the transmission case...
    Not even in Ds sport mode? Lol