Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Experiencing "Road Rage" in our beloved, petite Mirages

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I will be getting a bigger car the next time I get a car. I can't justify it right now, even though I get big dreams about other economy cars. My Mirage is paid off and I have done a bunch of upgrades. All the car lots are empty and apparently a 1 year old truck has the same value as a brand new one, because of the chip shortage. I heard furnaces are getting harder to find now not sure if that is true. I know produce is worse quality and more expensive since the whole thing started.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Atlanta drivers are 90% ass&oles if your not doing 15 over in the far right lane.
    This happens in every big city, I used to HATE IT !!!! but after living out in the boonies for a long time I now prefer being surrounded by people who have somewhere to go and things to accomplish.

Driving is pretty much a shared experience that requires an insane amount of communication, it changes wherever you go but follows a pattern. I have been in parts of the country where it is 100% acceptable to bring an entire freeway to a stand still to let the ducks or swans pass. And I have been in big cities where you are a jerk for holding up traffic for the other 4 million people using that road. Usually when people complain about how others are driving its because that driver or the one complaining have not yet learned to drive like all the other locals are driving.

- My 2 cents from well over a million miles driven in at least 9 countries.
    Last edited by Marrero; 10-08-2021 at 09:46 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 54.7 mpg (US) ... 23.3 km/L ... 4.3 L/100 km ... 65.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marrero For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Marrero View Post
    This happens in every big city, I used to HATE IT !!!! but after living out in the boonies for a long time I now prefer being surrounded by people who have somewhere to go and things to accomplish.

Driving is pretty much a shared experience that requires an insane amount of communication, it changes wherever you go but follows a pattern. I have been in parts of the country where it is 100% acceptable to bring an entire freeway to a stand still to let the ducks or swans pass. And I have been in big cities where you are a jerk for holding up traffic for the other 4 million people using that road. Usually when people complain about how others are driving its because that driver or the one complaining have not yet learned to drive like all the other locals are driving.

Attachment 22230
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-09-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

I'm as local as it gets in my city I assure you. My problem is in a 74HP car I can't drive like one lol!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Usually when people complain about how others are driving its because that driver or the one complaining have not yet learned to drive like all the other locals are driving.
    Not everyone has the mindset to live like a robot or clone, i.e. with the mindset that everyone should just do like everyone else, and not think for themselves and act in a way they believe to be appropriate.

If everyone is doing 20 mph over the speed limit, that doesn't make it wrong for someone to adhere to a speed in the vicinity of the speed limit. Just because 90% of the drivers around me leave a traffic light with their right foot firmly planted on the floor, doesn't mean I should have to as well, just to make them happy.

However, I believe in freedom. And if others want to live like a robot or clone, more power to 'em.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Must be tough in the US I think you get shot at if you drive too slowly. Now that's real rage.

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post

Edit sorry is it true Canadian edition Mirages since 2014 are slower than the speedometer? I have noticed this with the unmanned police radar speed thingys they put around randomly to tell you how fast you're going. My car is off I know this.
    I checked mine again yesterday with the stock 165’s and 175/65 14 winters. With stock Dunlop’s the speedo would read 6-7 kph faster than I was really going. With the 175’s it reads about 4kph faster.
    Doesn’t seem like much but when most traffic is going 5-9kph faster than the limit and if you’re actually going 6 under, people probably get irritated? I think it’s a Canada Mirage thing and US cars aren’t like that. I checked brand new Mirages too, they were all the same.

I used to feel like I was speeding all the time til I rechecked my Speedo and it was off by more than I remembered. I can do 10 over according to the speedometer and not worry about ever getting a ticket.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-12-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks, that's important info right there. So I'm not sure how much out mine is, but yea if I'm out 7 km's and I'm in a 50 km's / h zone, that's a big percentage of my total speed.

I knew my speedometer was off and reading slow, but I just kinda forgot about it. I went a lot faster all day today. Half the people driving on the 402 today are American passenger cars taking the Buffalo to Detroit short cut again. Hopefully they shop at our malls lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

You can just download a free Speedometer app for you phone, provided you have a smart phone with a gps. I assume there are lots of other cars that are like this too.

I can't remember who it was, someone over in Europe(ish) Foama maybe?? mentioned that over there it's illegal to have a speedometer that displayed the speed correctly. They're speedometers all read too fast...
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Not everyone has the mindset to live like a robot or clone, i.e. with the mindset that everyone should just do like everyone else, and not think for themselves and act in a way they believe to be appropriate.

If everyone is doing 20 mph over the speed limit, that doesn't make it wrong for someone to adhere to a speed in the vicinity of the speed limit. Just because 90% of the drivers around me leave a traffic light with their right foot firmly planted on the floor, doesn't mean I should have to as well, just to make them happy.

However, I believe in freedom. And if others want to live like a robot or clone, more power to 'em.
    Thank you! Finally someone reasonable.

Honestly, most of the time I try to stick around the speed limit. But it's the limit! The odd time I need to drive to work after not being able to sleep well the night before, I'm driving 25mph. I'm groggy as hell dude, shown to be worse than being drunk. I'm not going faster. Just because the speed LIMIT is 40mph doesn't mean I need to drive that fast. Go around you psychos.