Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Experiencing "Road Rage" in our beloved, petite Mirages

Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    Thank you! Finally someone reasonable.

The odd time I need to drive to work after not being able to sleep well the night before, I'm driving 25mph. I'm groggy as hell dude, shown to be worse than being drunk. I'm not going faster. Just because the speed LIMIT is 40mph doesn't mean I need to drive that fast. Go around you psychos.
    You drive while sleep deprived 15mph under the speed limit and everyone else is a psycho. That's great as long as you're not obstructing traffic I guess.
    In case you're not aware I found this
    Quote Originally Posted by internet
    Minimum speed laws

In Washington, the law states that drivers are not permitted to drive at a speed that’s so slow that it impedes the normal flow of traffic. In other words, if a driver is going so slowly that they are negatively affecting the normal movement of traffic in a significant way, they are breaking Washington state law. The law also states that a person driving on a multi-lane road or highway must not drive in the left lane unless they are driving at a speed that’s faster than the flow of traffic.

Because the law doesn’t specify an exact speed cutoff that’s too slow for drivers, the enforcement of Washington’s speeding laws is largely left to the discretion of police officers. Because there are other factors that can affect driving speed, including speedometer inconsistencies, varying tire sizes and small calibration errors in speed radar technology, police officers won’t typically pull a driver over for driving five miles per hour or less under the speed limit. Still, drivers should remember that officers have the right to pull them over for driving over or under the speed limit by any margin, so it’s best to follow the posted speed limit as closely as you can when you’re on the road.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I live 1 block off of the Trans Canada Highway & in that 1 block, today a driver in a Tesla had to pass me,,, I was only doing 30ish KMH in a 40 KmH zone, so I guess I deserved it, I should know better then to hold up these IMPORTANT people... especially in the School Bus Loading Zone...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    I live 1 block off of the Trans Canada Highway & in that 1 block, today a driver in a Tesla had to pass me,,, I was only doing 30ish KMH in a 40 KmH zone, so I guess I deserved it, I should know better then to hold up these IMPORTANT people... especially in the School Bus Loading Zone...
    You shoulda thrown your beer bottle at them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    This again
    Yeah! Why can't we get a thread on what oil viscosity and filters to use?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Yeah! Why can't we get a thread on what oil viscosity and filters to use?
    Which do you recommend and why?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

I just had a bit of a road rage episode lol
    As I was making a left turn the car behind me kept flashing their high beams. I wondered wtf, pulled over expecting them to stop and tell me I had a flat tire or I’m a retard. They just flew past me. So I pulled back behind them and retuned the favor. They brake checked me and took a last minute left turn, that’s where I had to turn too….so they pulled over, I stopped and asked why they were flashing me. Buddy said “I wasn’t…my stupid car flashes the high beams when the signal Light is on” Whoopsey doodle… sounded legit. it was an older turd pail Grand Prix. I was gonna offer to fix it but he was still grouchy. He pulled a burn out u-turn in front of me into a parking lot where I assume he worked. I think a Chicago sunroof is in order.
    Last edited by Fummins; 10-13-2021 at 01:41 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I just had a bit of a road rage episode lol
    As I was making a left turn the car behind me kept flashing their high beams. I wondered wtf, pulled over expecting them to stop and tell me I had a flat tire or I’m a retard. They just flew past me. So I pulled back behind them and retuned the favor. They brake checked me and took a last minute left turn, that’s where I had to turn too….so they pulled over, I stopped and asked why they were flashing me. Buddy said “I wasn’t…my stupid car flashes the high beams when the signal Light is on” Whoopsey doodle… sounded legit. it was an older turd pail Grand Prix. I was gonna offer to fix it but he was still grouchy. He pulled a burn out u-turn in front of me into a parking lot where I assume he worked. I think a Chicago sunroof is in order.
    Legit question/comment since you brought up lights here:

These days I'm trying to figure out if my eyes are just turning to **** as I get older, or if people's headlights are just super bright now and chronically misaligned. I feel like every time I go driving after dark I'm pretty consistently being blinded by people driving behind me.

I don't remember this ever being a thing when I was driving previously - but I guess the last time I was doing that regularly was about 10 years ago, which was before LED's really took off, but also when I was in my late teens early 20's and my young bod was more resilient to external nonsense (also used to be able to smoke like a chimney without much issue, nowadays a couple of sticks at night knocks me on my ass for days). I was also driving a much lower/sportier car back then. Stock the Mirage actually rides rather high. You would think that would make it less prone to causing me blind-o-vision.

These days I'm trying to figure out if my eyes are just turning to **** as I get older, or if people's headlights are just super bright now and chronically misaligned. I feel like every time I go driving after dark I'm pretty consistently being blinded by people driving behind me.

I don't remember this ever being a thing when I was driving previously - but I guess the last time I was doing that regularly was about 10 years ago, which was before LED's really took off, but also when I was in my late teens early 20's and my young bod was more resilient to external nonsense (also used to be able to smoke like a chimney without much issue, nowadays a couple of sticks at night knocks me on my ass for days). I was also driving a much lower/sportier car back then. Stock the Mirage actually rides rather high. You would think that would make it less prone to causing me blind-o-vision.
    I keep the mirror in mine set to "night mode" all the time. That really cuts down on headlight glare from behind. I was gonna tint the back windows but don't see the need anymore. I'm sure some people are just to oblivious to realize you shouldn't drive around with that blue indicator on the cluster lit up all the time.

I'm sure there are way more cars running around with blinding poorly adjusted aftermarket led and hid bulbs today than 10+ years ago. I'm in the "if you can't beat em' join em'" mindset. I installed some cheapo ching chong led headlights in my old Dodge earlier this year and wow, they work great. Even in the old crappy glazed over housings. I haven't been flashed yet or flipped off(to my knowledge) so that's a win. I plan to do the same with the Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I don't think it's just aftermarket headlights, it seems like a good percentage of stock headlights are blinding these days.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to timw4mail For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-13-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timw4mail View Post
    I don't think it's just aftermarket headlights, it seems like a good percentage of stock headlights are blinding these days.
    I can see this blinding being an issue. Down here, the current "in" things to do for pickup and wrangler owners is:

• Jack it up high (except the pickup idiot drivers keep the back end low, to make it look like a dog taking a dump).
    • Add every accessory known to man (especially the wrangler drivers). Huge off-road tires that will never see dirt.
    • Add the brightest headlights known to man, and run them even with a bright clear sky and scorching sun ... people must see those bright headlights to keep your street cred up.
    • PowerJoke owners add the loudest exhaust known to man and floor it at every chance to make themselves "audibly superior" to all around. But what's worst about it is, the PowerJoke engines make a fluttering sound when they're loud and sound like crap to me.

That may sound negative up above, but I live in a free world (thank God) so, more power to 'em! I like to grump and complain (to get ready for my retirement), but I can live with all that stuff. I like the youngsters to live vibrantly, and hope they live to be a ripe old age so they can get grumpy too!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)