Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this car the easiest to change front brake/rotors ?

Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post

Here's how my brake pads looked when i replaced them. I didn't think line length mattered because of the ABS unit controlling all of the fluid flow to each corner precisely. I guess i do race during my deliveries sometimes, I swear i don't spill the tofu and cup of water!
    Attachment 22307
    It looks like your one outer pad wore more than the rest. You are correct. The slide pins that were sticking caused that pad to wear out faster than the rest. Not because race car.

Last edited by Fummins; 10-21-2021 at 12:48 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think it took me about 2 hours to replace both my rotors + pads. Being in the salt belt states, it wasn't too bad after letting WD40 marinate the bolts for 10-15 minutes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It looks like your one outer pad wore more than the rest. You are correct. The slide pins that were sticking caused that pad to wear out faster than the rest. Not because race car.
    Me doing grubhub deliveries... pads wearing unevenly slide pin seals swollen...

Edit: This is a pretty dope pic of early Mirages drifting. Props to these guys for pulling off some sweet slides and the photographer, hopefully they're on this forum!!
    Last edited by davidricardo86; 10-23-2021 at 07:01 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts

Edit: This is a pretty dope pic of early Mirages drifting. Props to these guys for pulling off some sweet slides and the photographer, hopefully they're on this forum!!
    For some reason that looks like it has been photoshopped…

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Updated the thread title to reflect the discussion of grease. I too used the brake grease available in those small sized packets sold in Autozone.

I always knew those small sized packets at the point of sale were upsells but in truth they're actually selling the right grease for the slide pins and at just the right amount needed to finish the job. I regretted not spending the $2 or whatever it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    For some reason that looks like it has been photoshopped…
    You fooled me!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I always knew those small sized packets at the point of sale were upsells but in truth they're actually selling the right grease for the slide pins and at just the right amount needed to finish the job. I regretted not spending the $2 or whatever it was.
    1 packet is enough for both front sides with some left over. BTW the Rockauto kit (Quietmaster brake pads and rotor) come with a Quietmaster packet of brake grease which I have for next time.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I replaced mine last week with Raybestos pads and it wasn't quite as easy as I was expecting although it wasn't terrible. The little nubs on the brake pad didn't fit into the holes and had to be ground down and whoever had it apart last way over tightened the slide pins. Still only took about an hour and a half though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tjs77tsa For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-11-2021)