Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MP3 Pairing

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    Loaded an app that is supposed to tell if cord or usb outlet is working. Will report if that works....or does not...what a pain.
    I loaded some my favorite CDs on a flash drive stick using my older MacBook Pro. This is probably not helpful, but

On my 2017 ES, the USD plug in is in the glovebox. My flash drive has been there since I made it 2-3 years ago. I have a media button on my radio, & it automatically goes to the downloaded CDs. There's a flash drive icon showing the flash drive is plugged into my radio.

In 2018, all Mirages were required to have backup cameras and Bluetooth became standard. Thus, my type of Mirage radio would not be found on current models. Bluetooth was added to my 2017 Mirage from the factory, however. I linked my $49 Android phone to it 4 years ago, and it has worked well without issue. Even if the radio is turned off, the phone automatically links up & plays. That includes phone calls, music, youtube (audio only) google maps spitting out direction, or whatever. I have the added Bluetooth button on my dash, & I have never used them. Volume is controlled through my phone quite well.

I have to believe the current Mirages have a better set up than what I have, but what I have works perfectly fine for me. The fact that I have been using a $49 Android phone for the past 4 years may indicate how much of a techie I am. If the Mirage had a cassette player, my shoe boxes of cassette tapes would even come out again!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    my shoe boxes of cassette tapes would even come out again!
    Pictures!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Pictures!
    Shoe boxes filled with cassette tapes. Can't picture that?

I would be cranking some John Cougar Mellencamp & Bruce Springsteen for sure in my Mirage! Maybe some Blue Oyster Cult, too! I need to dig those boxes out some day! Boombox on the front seat may be in order!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    What does the manual say about BT connecting? It may have a specific procedure.

On my 15 DE this works...

Have the phone searching for devices and then turn the car on ACC and see what happens.
    What is 15 DE?

Will try second sentence with tracfone and tablet. BT speaker beeped like it does when it pairs but car could not find. Will try that also in your sequence because it could have picked up distant tablet!

Thanks!
    Karl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What is 15 DE?
    2014-15 base level was the DE and the ES was the top trim level.

In 2017, the ES became the base level. DE was dropped. SE & GT appeared.

2018 the order became ES, LE, SE, & GT.

An RF was added in there one year. That's an ES with a Rockford Stereo system added.

In 2021, the GT was dropped and the SE became the top trim level.

None of this is confusing, however?????

Plus, we have our Canadian friends from the north that add to all this with their trim levels!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Shoe boxes filled with cassette tapes. Can't picture that?
    Oh I can definitely imagine it. It’s good to know that others have held on to their cassette collection too.

I would be cranking some John Cougar Mellencamp & Bruce Springsteen for sure in my Mirage! Maybe some Blue Oyster Cult, too! I need to dig those boxes out some day! Boombox on the front seat may be in order!
    That’s some good company right there. BOC & The Boss have gotten me through many, many road trips. This could be a thread all on its own.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Mark (10-29-2021)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    This is an update:

1. There is NO DATA wire pair present in the car USB outlet/connector.
    2. The car WILL NOT pair with anything but an Apple/Mac/Smartphone*.
    3. Dealer NO HELP as he does not listen to questions except to recognise there was a question asked.
    4. Pairing instructions followed but no results and no indication that a BT device was present.
    *My conclusion since it works with Smartphones.

This is not a deal breaker but a big disappointment for my wife. Blue Tooth is a separate protocol I THOUGHT was universally applied to all systems. But that is why I am not paid for thinking since Apple/Mac/iphones/Smartphones have separate code. Knowing this ahead would have saved wasted time, effort and aggravation.

The deal breaker is the 350 bucks for transmission service at 20000 miles. What nonsense for an econobox!
    Karl

Did the change the service schedule? 20,000 miles seems a little soon.
    I just checked a 2015 Mitsubishi maintenance manual (that covers all Mitsu's) book and it says to change the automatic transmission fluid at 48k kms/30k miles for the severe schedule. It doesn't even mention changing the fluid for the regular schedule.

Why not change it yourself? There's a drain plug.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is an update:

1. There is NO DATA wire pair present in the car USB outlet/connector.
    2. The car WILL NOT pair with anything but an Apple/Mac/Smartphone*.
    3. Dealer NO HELP as he does not listen to questions except to recognise there was a question asked.
    4. Pairing instructions followed but no results and no indication that a BT device was present.
    *My conclusion since it works with Smartphones.

This is not a deal breaker but a big disappointment for my wife. Blue Tooth is a separate protocol I THOUGHT was universally applied to all systems. But that is why I am not paid for thinking since Apple/Mac/iphones/Smartphones have separate code. Knowing this ahead would have saved wasted time, effort and aggravation.

The deal breaker is the 350 bucks for transmission service at 20000 miles. What nonsense for an econobox!
    Most of us that hang here the most are driving older Mirages. I wish someone who has a more current Mirage would pipe up about the USB & Bluetooth features.

My cheap Motorola cell phone automatically links up to the Bluetooth in my Mirage any time a call is made/received, any time Google maps spits out a direction, or anything else I play over my phone. That's provided the Bluetooth feature on my phone is turned on.
    Last edited by Mark; 10-29-2021 at 08:02 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (10-29-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Honestly any USB stick will do the trick. Plug it into the glove box and bam. I have a 16 GB in my Mirage, and I'm overloaded with music lol

My ipod classic, and ipod touch, load just fine too. Use the apple cord with those. I have yet to try my new Sony Walkman, but I presume it works.

Again sorry easiest solution, just load your mp3s on any old USB stick
    NEW walkman? Has anyone said that in the last 20 years... lol.

My 2019 has paired with anything I have thrown at it. Never tried the USB. This is why I love AUX ports they never have a problem....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirageman38 For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-30-2021)