Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Foggy Stained Interior windows

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    As I asked earlier, Do you have the heater in the "Fresh Air" position & have you checked the Cabin Filter??? I don't see where you have checked them. The window cleaner will not help if you can't get fresh air into the cabin... Check above & report... Do NOT run the HVAC in the recirculation position if you want to prevent the condensation... Just my thought from ~30 ish years in the business ...
    Hello.
    I turned the HVAC dial to the center where the dashboard controls are,and it helped the most.Still stainy though,but not as bad as before.Everything is indicated by colors,but the center area
    The air filter will be changed very soon.
    Thanks.

Last edited by mortiny88; 10-28-2021 at 06:02 AM.

I think this thread is going nowhere. After 3 pages we just finally learned that the op has manual temp controls but I'm starting to doubt it even has air conditioning. Still not sure on recirc position or if car has ac, and if it does if it works or if it's been tried.

Dozens of questions have been asked attempting to help out but they just don't get answered. So they get asked again and again. Not sure if any of the responses are actually being read and just not comprehended or what's going on at this point.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

foama (10-30-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hey mortiny88 be sure to keep us updated on this foggy window problem. You're not the only one to have to face this. Sounds like you are making progress.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I think this thread is going nowhere. After 3 pages we just finally learned that the op has manual temp controls but I'm starting to doubt it even has air conditioning. Still not sure on recirc position or if car has ac, and if it does if it works or if it's been tried.

Dozens of questions have been asked attempting to help out but they just don't get answered. So they get asked again and again. Not sure if any of the responses are actually being read and just not comprehended or what's going on at this point.
    I sort of agree.

The most important thing to check first is the cabin air filter which isn't hard to do. There's no need giving us an update unless that has been done first. There's no need to see a mechanic to check, clean, or replace a cabin air filter.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Average folks learning about cars don’t know this stuff. I suspect that’s why they come here seeking help.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Average folks learning about cars don’t know this stuff. I suspect that’s why they come here seeking help.
    I,ve had issues before that I solved on my own,with my mechanic,but nothing like this.
    "Its a mystery wrapped inside an enigma"
    Today my mechanic told me he thinks its because I,m driving the car a lot(Uber Eats) lol.
    I say no way.
    I want to see what happens after the air filter..etc is changed.Right now the the HVAC system helps,but after it does help,I can still see stains.Its just not as bad otherwise.
    This may be a reach but I am now remembering the summer during all the coverage of the California,and B.C. wildfires my area had parked car after car windows covered in soot,and ash,and everybody was driving with their windows down day after day of 24 hr high humid messy sticky weather,even at night.Maybe the soot or something got inside when the windows were down,and stayed in the car while it was parked overnight in the underground when the windows were up,got trapped inside the car,and this pattern repeated itself day after day for a lot of people.
    This weather lasted for 5 months,and its still humid out now,even at night the humidity is still very high.I dont know if it should be humid like this in October when its cold,and not raining,but my guess is no,as i am not a weather expert-lol.
    Any way ,thanks to everyone who tried to help,and did.sorry if I wasted anyones time.
    Last edited by mortiny88; 10-29-2021 at 12:47 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mortiny88 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-29-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mortiny88 View Post
    I,ve had issues before that I solved on my own,with my mechanic,but nothing like this.
    "Its a mystery wrapped inside an enigma"
    Today my mechanic told me he thinks its because I,m driving the car a lot(Uber Eats) lol.
    I say no way.
    I want to see what happens after the air filter..etc is changed.Right now the the HVAC system helps,but after it does help,I can still see stains.Its just not as bad otherwise.
    This may be a reach but I am now remembering the summer during all the coverage of the California,and B.C. wildfires my area had parked car after car windows covered in soot,and ash,and everybody was driving with their windows down day after day of 24 hr high humid messy sticky weather,even at night.Maybe the soot or something got inside when the windows were down,and stayed in the car while it was parked overnight in the underground when the windows were up,got trapped inside the car,and this pattern repeated itself day after day for a lot of people.
    This weather lasted for 5 months,and its still humid out now,even at night the humidity is still very high.I dont know if it should be humid like this in October when its cold,and not raining,but my guess is no,as i am not a weather expert-lol.
    Any way ,thanks to everyone who tried to help,and did.sorry if I wasted anyones time.
    Why haven't you dropped your glovebox, pulled the cover off the cabin air filter, pulled out the cabin air filter, and checked it?

This is about the third or fourth time I have suggested this. Why aren't you doing this?

Until you do this first, there's no reasons to have any further discussion. If your cabin air filter is clean, then we can go on discussing other possible issues.

I get that you may not have known the difference between an engine air filter & a cabin air filter before this discussion, but it's the cabin air filter that's related to this issue. I posted a couple youtube clip on where it's located on Mirage.

I don't understand why you would waste time going to a mechanic when you can check this out yourself in a just a couple minutes (no tools necessary)?

Instead we are discussing the weather in October?

I am curious. Why haven't you checked your cabin air filter? What's preventing you from doing this?

You can pull the cabin air filter out and test how the windshield clears without it even. Removing the filter will insure fresh air is coming in. I believe someone discover they didn't have one, but they also owned a Canadian Mirage without A/C. Do you have A/C? If so, check the cabin air filter before doing anything else.

In the past 4 years, the only time my windshield didn't clear like normal, my cabin air filter was clogged up. Blew out the debris or replaced it, and all was good again.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-29-2021),mortiny88 (10-30-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Why haven't you dropped your glovebox, pulled the cover off the cabin air filter, pulled out the cabin air filter, and checked it?

This is about the third or fourth time I have suggested this. Why aren't you doing this?

Until you do this first, there's no reasons to have any further discussion. If your cabin air filter is clean, then we can go on discussing other possible issues.

I get that you may not have known the difference between an engine air filter & a cabin air filter before this discussion, but it's the cabin air filter that's related to this issue. I posted a couple youtube clip on where it's located on Mirage.

I don't understand why you would waste time going to a mechanic when you can check this out yourself in a just a couple minutes (no tools necessary)?

Instead we are discussing the weather in October?

I am curious. Why haven't you checked your cabin air filter? What's preventing you from doing this?

You can pull the cabin air filter out and test how the windshield clears without it even. Removing the filter will insure fresh air is coming in. I believe someone discover they didn't have one, but they also owned a Canadian Mirage without A/C. Do you have A/C? If so, check the cabin air filter before doing anything else.

In the past 4 years, the only time my windshield didn't clear like normal, my cabin air filter was clogged up. Blew out the debris or replaced it, and all was good again.
    Hello.
    I just watched it,but at the time you posted ,I was hell bent,and youtube focused on thinking I could find a spray to just get rid of the smog in a hurry(still partially hell bent),so I must have just overlooked them all ...my bad.I just thanked the posts anyway at the time.
    I also decided in an earlier post,after your post that the filter would be changed by my mechanic,both air,and engine,but i cant do it right away...but my mechanic can soon.For now the HVAC is helping to clear,and the improvement is better than what it was,and has been.Thats why I figure I can wait,and feel better about having my mechanic do it,and feel that it would be done properly ,and better than me.
    That being said,I will check it,remove all the crap that should not be in my glove box-lol,and see if I can do this.
    If not then i was going to get my mechanic to find out how much both filters would cost to be replaced anyway.Also was considering
    getting a tuneup.
    I have never had to,or done anything on any car I have owned,other than a flat tire.
    A friend once did something,and made my car worse,so I have always trusted my good reasonable mechanics
    I promise I will take a look,and get back to you.
    p.s. If i manage to clean the filter myself,at this point i do not expect the smears to go away,but i hope i,m wrong.
    Thanks for persisting.
    Last edited by mortiny88; 10-30-2021 at 05:57 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mortiny88 For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-30-2021),Eggman (10-30-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have fogging issues with my no AC 2014 Mirage. I turn on the heat and put the dial to the defroster setting. There's two of them, and one defrost setting makes the car smell like stinky feet. So your car is like your suit and fedora of the modern era. My car is stinky boots and ripped drivers seat and worse. 8 years later and I still have 1500 kms of warranty left. Mirage runs well, other things not sure about but what older car doesn't need door lock lube, or the hatchback shocks seem less effective to stay up.

What car stays brand new anyhow, car gets good gas mileage, my Mirage is in great shape with the yearly oil spray. Other things like the console dash light is out, might be a fuse. Lights are still bright and not insect gunked up

Open your glove compartment. There is a VHS tape looking thing with a battery flap type of opening. Pop a cabin filter in there. May or may not cause the fan to start acting wonky. Your car probably came with a filter, and my Mirage never came with one and I had to special order the filter. I probably need a new one. Cheers!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

mortiny88 (10-30-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Edit sorry to get to that you have to take your glove box out. That is easy peasy

Open your glove box, squeaze the plastic gently both sides both hands and it'll pop out then. You will see the VCR type of horizontal filter shaped thing there. Put the filter in there.

Be gentle don't force it the spare parts are expensive

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

mortiny88 (10-30-2021)