Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Foggy Stained Interior windows

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Edit sorry to get to that you have to take your glove box out. That is easy peasy

Open your glove box, squeaze the plastic gently both sides both hands and it'll pop out then. You will see the VCR type of horizontal filter shaped thing there. Put the filter in there.

Be gentle don't force it the spare parts are expensive
    Hello.
    I was so youtube convinced that only the sprays,cloths would work ... doh...

The filter came out like Mark,and you etc said.Easier than thought.
    The filter looks terrible(half black),and there was a kitchen towel roll half used behind where the glove box came out.I dont know if that could have also effected the filters function.
    I also found out this car was a rental car before I bought it.
    There were leaves in the filter,and it needs to be vacuumed.Lots of dirt.Obviously it should have been replaced sooner.
    The filter is not damaged,no holes in it or anything like that.
    I,ll be looking for a new one,but cleaning up this one ,I would expect things to clear up even more,combined with the HVAC.
    Thanks for all the teaching...learned a lot.

Last edited by mortiny88; 10-30-2021 at 07:47 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mortiny88 For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-30-2021),Eggman (10-30-2021)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    It helps a lot and saves $$$ to keep up with ordinary, mandatory, regular maintenance. A simple "tune-up" is not enough to keep cars going trouble-free on the long run.
    Last edited by foama; 10-30-2021 at 11:12 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mortiny88 View Post
    Hello.
    I was so youtube convinced that only the sprays,cloths would work ... doh...

The filter came out like Mark,and you etc said.Easier than thought.
    The filter looks terrible(half black),and there was a kitchen towel roll half used behind where the glove box came out.I dont know if that could have also effected the filters function.
    I also found out this car was a rental car before I bought it.
    There were leaves in the filter,and it needs to be vacuumed.Lots of dirt.Obviously it should have been replaced sooner.
    The filter is not damaged,no holes in it or anything like that.
    I,ll be looking for a new one,but cleaning up this one ,I would expect things to clear up even more,combined with the HVAC.
    Thanks for all the teaching...learned a lot.
    No problem. My car issue atm is that the little fan above (??) the filter spot, something is wrong with my cabin fan. Because starting up the running of the fan is all funky sounding. Then revs back to normal.. and steady and normal again.

Key point is I don't hear the weird sound when I turn over my engine.. engine noise drowns it all out..so I dunno if I should take out my filter maybe since the no AC Mirages didn't come with a soot-filled filter for Halloween?!

Edit sorry popped the hood of my car this afternoon, and found some maple keys and leaves in the whatchama call it, where the air comes in from at the bottom of the windshield. Maybe the weird sound is the keys flickering in the airflow not sure. I get this jet air sound depending on the weather with my Mirage

Last edited by dspace9; 10-30-2021 at 06:32 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-30-2021),mortiny88 (10-31-2021)