Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Foggy Stained Interior windows

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Foggy Stained Interior windows

Hello.At wits end here...pls help.
    I have been having a problem with all of my interior windows.After i leave the parking garage at night,about an hour or 2 later while ubering,the interior windows start to look like crap,and its like there is something smeared on them.It is visible to other drivers.Not sure what has caused this.I have tried microfiber cloths along with the magic eraser,a mix of white vinegar,and water.Dawn dishwasher liquid,CLR,and am about to try armor All Auto Detailer Multi Purpose cleaner.
    The windows are still bad as of this evenings drive to the store.Cant find anywhere to buy Armor All Auto Glass cleaner,which is supposed to be another good option.
    Is there one of these things that will work,that i should use,and repeat using,or is there something else that will work for me,and everyone else who might have this problem?
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks much to anyone who can help me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mortiny88 View Post
    Hello.At wits end here...pls help.
    I have been having a problem with all of my interior windows.After i leave the parking garage at night,about an hour or 2 later while ubering,the interior windows start to look like crap,and its like there is something smeared on them.It is visible to other drivers.Not sure what has caused this.I have tried microfiber cloths along with the magic eraser,a mix of white vinegar,and water.Dawn dishwasher liquid,CLR,and am about to try armor All Auto Detailer Multi Purpose cleaner.
    The windows are still bad as of this evenings drive to the store.Cant find anywhere to buy Armor All Auto Glass cleaner,which is supposed to be another good option.
    Is there one of these things that will work,that i should use,and repeat using,or is there something else that will work for me,and everyone else who might have this problem?
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks much to anyone who can help me.
    Hello mortiny88 and welcome to the forum.

Foggy windows in cold, humid weather is a common complaint for these cars. Quick question - have you tried using your air conditioning to help defog your windows (assuming that you have air conditioning?)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

mortiny88 (10-26-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    As Eggman said, run the AC, but make sure you [B]DO NOT[B] have it in recirc. It has to have fresh outside air coming into the cabin. How old is your car??? Make sure the cabin air filter is not plugged. Maybe remove it for a couple days to see if it makes a difference. If it's a new car, it may be the glues degassing & leaving a residue. If so, it may get better in the future.
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

mortiny88 (10-26-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    As Eggman said, run the AC, but make sure you [B]DO NOT[B] have it in recirc. It has to have fresh outside air coming into the cabin. How old is your car??? Make sure the cabin air filter is not plugged. Maybe remove it for a couple days to see if it makes a difference. If it's a new car, it may be the glues degassing & leaving a residue. If so, it may get better in the future.
    Most definitely try what he suggested first - A/C & heat together is hard to beat!

I know with my manual climate controls I can clear the inside of the windshield within seconds not minutes.

Fresh air on, windshield defrost on, use a mix of A/C & heat, & bump up the fan speed. If it's a light fogging up inside the windshield, it clears within a few seconds for me. I use my A/C during the rain more than the heat of summer, because of this very reason.

Someone who professionally cleans/details vehicles for a living highly recommended Invisible Glass to me this summer. Invisible Glass cleaner can be found in the automotive cleaning products @ Walmart. It may be worth a try?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stoner-In...22-oz/16879959

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stoner-In...19-oz/16879958

Only time this didn't work - Mice had built a nest on top of my cabin air filter. So check that, too! Something like that can change things quickly. I check my cabin air filter after every oil change now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mortiny88 (10-26-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Hi.
    My car is a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage.
    I should mention that when covid began,the word was that everyone should disinfect their car,so I would use Lysol spray during the winter,and I would turn on the heat as well,but not at the same time while spraying.
    Thanks.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Most definitely try what he suggested first - A/C & heat together is hard to beat!

I know with my manual climate controls I can clear the inside of the windshield within seconds not minutes.

Fresh air on, windshield defrost on, use a mix of A/C & heat, & bump up the fan speed. If it's a light fogging up inside the windshield, it clears within a few seconds for me. I use my A/C during the rain more than the heat of summer, because of this very reason.

Someone who professionally cleans/details vehicles for a living highly recommended Invisible Glass to me this summer. Invisible Glass cleaner can be found in the automotive cleaning products @ Walmart. It may be worth a try?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stoner-In...22-oz/16879959

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stoner-In...19-oz/16879958

Only time this didn't work - Mice had built a nest on top of my cabin air filter. So check that, too! Something like that can change things quickly. I check my cabin air filter after every oil change now.
    Hi.
    I will get this cleaner as soon as I can.
    Thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi.
    I will get this cleaner as soon as I can.
    Thanks.
    Please let us know how this works for you. Too often people ask for advice without sharing their results.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

mortiny88 (10-26-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Please let us know how this works for you. Too often people ask for advice without sharing their results.
    I have purchased the Invisible Glass Cleaner, & I think it is superior to some of the other glass cleaning products. I am also curious what others think about it! There are reviews on it, too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mortiny88 (10-26-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I was going to let you know,and will be soon.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was going to let you know,and will be soon.
    Have you tried using air conditioning for defogging?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

mortiny88 (10-26-2021)