Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Computer code P0762 - CVT in limp mode

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That's more like it. The Nissans have an (ee)prom module on the valve body. I think it's that little black box next to the round big cylinder plug. The Mitsu's don't have that part on the valve body. I finally tossed the valve body's I had on the bench. I'll have to dig through some pictures.
    Where is the intake from the pan on the cvt, I've always assumed the oil is dropped through the metal filter and sucked up somewhere else? But maybe it's not. Is it that round looking bit to the left of the metal filter exit?

Name:  IMG_20210730_130732.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  82.7 KB

Does anyone know where you'd buy the little filters inside the valve body? They don't look very filtery from the video they look more like a plastic/mesh screen a bit like the sock on the fuel pump.

I also saw this while I was googling stuff. I'm not really sure I understand the problem they're talking about.

https://maktrans.net/AP-JF015E

Last edited by skyblue; 11-02-2021 at 01:40 AM.

The oil is sucked up the hole that you have marked as oil exit.
    Cvts on the mirage have a heat exchanger. They’re saying they can get plugged up over time. That plate allows you to ruin an external cvt fluid cooler ands filter if you wanted.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (11-09-2021)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Cvts on the mirage have a heat exchanger. They’re saying they can get plugged up over time. That plate allows you to ruin an external cvt fluid cooler ands filter if you wanted.
    Thanks, any idea where/how it returns to the pan? Just curious because if I where to add some more magnets to the pan I'd like to put them where it comes out.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    Thanks, any idea where/how it returns to the pan? Just curious because if I where to add some more magnets to the pan I'd like to put them where it comes out.
    Im not to sure how the fluid returns to the pan, i always just assumed that it came down from around the valve body.

Normally magnets are placed in the bottom of the pan because that is where the solid metal particles suspended in the fluid will settle when the car is off. I doubt you'd have much luck trying to pull metal particles out of the fast flowing fluid designed to keep them in suspension.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Im not to sure how the fluid returns to the pan, i always just assumed that it came down from around the valve body.

Normally magnets are placed in the bottom of the pan because that is where the solid metal particles suspended in the fluid will settle when the car is off. I doubt you'd have much luck trying to pull metal particles out of the fast flowing fluid designed to keep them in suspension.
    Some of the magnets today are pretty wicked.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Have you ever seen them plug up with stuff?