Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dealer disappointments

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Here's the info from the FSM, page 64 which describes it is programmable in ETACS and everything else you want to know about the body of a Mirage.

Attached Images Attached Images

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (11-10-2021)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Here's the info from the FSM, page 64 which describes it is programmable in ETACS and everything else you want to know about the body of a Mirage.
    So I must have the scan tool to do this! This should be a dealer set-up thing! Crap!

Thanks for the COMPLETE info!
    Karl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    Page 5-28 2021 Mirage manual. Tried to post picture and failed. Boxed text says in part:
    "These functions are not activated when shipped from factory. To activate or deactivate these functions please contact your authorized Mitsubishi dealer."
    If it has the AUTO locking feature available, I am glad it's not activated. I HATE that feature! My driver's education car has it. It's so annoying!

AUTO isn't my favorite prefix when it comes to cars, but I know that I am not the norm on that!

Sorry to hear your dealers isn't more helpful. Best cars I've owned never had to go back to the dealership for anything. That's how I will judge my Mirage in the end, too. So far, it's had one recall that the dealer dealt with in 2018.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (11-10-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So according to my 2021 owner's manual AND the pdf attachment from the FSM it seems the doors can only be programmed to unlock.
    This would occur when the vehicle is placed in park if automatic, or turned off if a manual. That is conjecture on my part as I didn't read anything specific on when one is used over the other.
    So correct me if am wrong, these vehicles cannot automatically lock the door when a certain speed is reached?
    I prefer to save the wear and tear on the lock actuators myself. I even use the driver door keyhole from time to time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher_B For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (11-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a 2021 Mirage. I use the blue tooth to connect to an item that is not a smart phone. It is a blue tooth transmitter with a 3.5mm jack for an input. I connect it to "playaway" audiobooks for long highway trips. I am ashamed to say I have over 17,000 on my mirage which was bought new around Feb 1.
    NOW I do have an issue with the radio doing some less than ideal crap that requires shutting the vehicle off. I will perhaps describe it in a different thread.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher_B For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (11-11-2021)