Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dealer disappointments

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I will go look again in the glove box for a usb outlet/receptacle!

The term "pair or "pairing" is solely referring to bluetooth operation: device(s) must be "paired" (communicating) before any data transfer possible.

Karl

There used to be a usb jack the glove box(a cord in the upper lh corner) but I think the newer ones 18 or 19 and newer and newer one had the usb port in the front of the center console? I don't think they came with 2.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (10-31-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    There used to be a usb jack the glove box(a cord in the upper lh corner) but I think the newer ones 18 or 19 and newer and newer one had the usb port in the front of the center console? I don't think they came with 2.
    I know the 2017 has the USB jack in the glovebox, but I also believe that changed in 2018.
    Here is my proof -

New for 2018 U.S. Models:
    New 7.0 touchscreen display audio unit with Bluetooth phone/audio streaming standard on base ES trims
    USB port relocation on center console
    Driver's seat armrest added to Mirage SE/GT and Mirage G4 SE
    15" alloy wheels added to Mirage G4 ES Smartphone package
    New accessory appearance package
    Trunk pass through standard (Mirage G4)
    Rear view camera now standard on both models
    Steering wheel audio and auto Bluetooth switches standard on both models

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (10-31-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here’s mine:

I negotiated with the dealer located 200+ miles away from me for the 21 Mirage HB with manual transmission. I told them that it has been on the lot for over 4 months thus not reflecting the true supply and demand for the subcompact vehicle unlike CVT and SUV for instance. I even offered $14k before OTD (I know Mark don’t like that offer price lol)

and the dealer said

my offer was lowball (yeah right!) and they will do MSRP price of 16k plus taxes and fees. They also said it the only vehicle in the state so can’t do much. Ppffff! people can buy cars anywhere!

I know I can qualify for the $500 MR + 1.9% APR loan with Ally as my credit score is 750+ but I rather not disclose it.

It too bad that they dont want to entertain my offer. I’m not desperate anyways.
    Last edited by defensivetackle88; 11-06-2021 at 10:25 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Here’s mine:

I negotiated with the dealer located 200+ miles away from me for the 21 Mirage HB with manual transmission. I told them that it has been on the lot for over 4 months thus not reflecting the true supply and demand for the subcompact vehicle unlike CVT and SUV for instance. I even offered $14k before OTD (I know Mark don’t like that offer price lol)

and the dealer said

my offer was lowball (yeah right!) and they will do MSRP price of 16k plus taxes and fees. They also said it the only vehicle in the state so can’t do much. Ppffff! people can buy cars anywhere!

I know I can qualify for the $500 MR + 1.9% APR loan with Ally as my credit score is 750+ but I rather not disclose it.

It too bad that they dont want to entertain my offer. I’m not desperate anyways.
    I wouldn't worry about what Mark thinks!

Times are very different at the moment, & I would look at purchasing a Mirage differently today.

When brand new 2017 ES & SE manuals could be had for $10,000-11,000 OTD (over even less if you qualified for rebates), buying a used 2014-15 didn't make much sense at the time.

If new 2021 Mirage ES manuals are $16,000+ OTD, 2017-19 Mirage ES manuals (under 50,000 miles) for about $10,000 start look more appealing to me. A 2021 Mirage ES doesn't offer any new feature that would make me pay extra for it. Cruise added in 2019 makes them a bit more valuable than the 2017-18 Mirages, but cruise can be added to any vehicle.

If I could get a used 2019 for $5,000-7,000 less OTD than a new Mirage ES manual, I would surely go that route today. This would be an example that I would be considering today -

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/0...-78e277468e02/

I look at this way - A new Mirage was an alternative to buying a used car. If they are priced quite high, however, I am back to looking at used cars.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got a questionaire from Mitsu on my "dealer experience." So I dutifully filled in the blanks pretty much everything good until comments where I listed disappointments when asking questions. So today I get phone calls from the dealer wanting to know what my problem is. About the trans fluid replace ate 30 k miles for 350 bucks he tells me the service dept mistakenly told me what a VW would take! On top of that tags cost an additional 200+ bucks because they computed the TN tax a little wrong (AL dealer). They were so sorry about mis informing me about bluetooth pairing. They dint mis inform...they could not answer the question! Your BT device MUST be either Android OS or iOS. NOTHING else will work.
    Did not get into the unanswered question what the dealer has to do to get the doors to lock/unlock when shifting into/out of drive.
    Dealers are generally only interested in selling the darn car...
    Karl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Mirage does not support locking when you put it in the gear. There's no option to change for that.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    The Mirage does not support locking when you put it in the gear. There's no option to change for that.
    There is according to owners manual! We know that is ALWAYS right! Har, har!
    Karl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    There is according to owners manual!
    Interesting. Can you share where you found this in your Owner’s Manual?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Interesting. Can you share where you found this in your Owner’s Manual?
    Page 5-28 2021 Mirage manual. Tried to post picture and failed. Boxed text says in part:
    "These functions are not activated when shipped from factory. To activate or deactivate these functions please contact your authorized Mitsubishi dealer."

Karl