Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not happy

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Not happy

i noticed my car has a ton of rust being build in August 2021. Also if you noticed the wheels seems faded for being just a few months old. I also finally cleaned it and when I sprayed 50/50 alcohol/water solution this happened. I had mirages and mitsus before and this never happened!

Name:  IMG_20211028_161707816.jpg
Views: 2418
Size:  95.9 KBName:  IMG_20211028_161707816.jpg
Size:  95.9 KBName:  IMG_20211028_161707816.jpg
Size:  95.9 KB

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AchLFJCXUdzkCRKF8

more pics above!

Attached Images Attached Images       
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

You're mad because some unpainted cast iron has rust on it? Neat. I'd put the hub caps back on and move on with life.

What's up with the dash? You sprayed it with alcohol and it made it look like crap? Because covid?
    I guess you're not the only one. Don't do what Donny don't does.
    https://www.f150online.com/forums/in...r-alcohol.html
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AutoDetaili...h_please_help/
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (11-07-2021)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You're mad because some unpainted cast iron has rust on it? Neat. I'd put the hub caps back on and move on with life.

What's up with the dash? You sprayed it with alcohol and it made it look like crap? Because covid?
    I used an alcohol swab to remove some grime from the instrument panel of the airliner I was co-piloting and the paint came off! The swabs were normally used on headsets and mikes to remove cooties from previous crews. Hey, it was a long line for take-off, I was bored!
    Karl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post

Really? Car is not even 4 months old from build and it has this much rust, This is a Cali car, not north east. I always used 50/50 solution on my previous mirages and no issues, and I did not stray it directly, I wanted to clean the window! I did this just last week and this happened now. I do not find this normal since I already owned 4 mirages and other mitsus.
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    I wouldn't get upset about the rust in your pix. If you want to prevent it from rusting where it matters, you could undercoat and paint the front and rear axle bodies, and do some cavity waxing.

BTW, The dash and other parts inside can be cleaned with a micro-fibre rag and water and a regular household detergent. The detergent dissolves grease and by doing so, also dissolves covid and other viruses as well as getting everything clean.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not sure what's happening with the dashboard but I've always used Armorall Interior Shine Protectant wipes and it's been fine for the past 6 years.

As for the surface rust, I'd say that's usual. If you really want to 'protect' the axle nut, spray some anti-rust coating or WD40 on it. It's not going to stop it from surface rust though. All in all, it looks fine. As someone else said, throw the hubcaps back on if you don't want to see it.

My mirage was okay looking after 2 years. After the 3rd year, you can see it's blemishes lol Surface rust is surface rust though. Can't be stopped, especially in weathers where it gets hot and cold (plus, condensation).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    End of the axle rust like that on any car new or used is 100% normal, my friend has a brand new Nissan cuv with winter rims and has a bit of rust in that same spot. Looks funny since the rest of the car is obviously brand spanking new. I have seen rust on the brakes on new Mitsubishis at the dealer so.. not a Northern car type of rust issue. A new Mercedes with rims like that would look the same I bet.

That said I am glad I have oiled my 7 or 8 year old Mirage ever year or it would get the rust you would worry about. Even now I have a few spots on my Mirage that aren't perfect, but my doors etc are saved from the inside out with the spray I get every year. If you can see the rust, the rust behind it is a bigger iceberg

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
    Really?
    Yes.

What I find way more fascinating than your complaints is the fact that you managed to take delivery of a car that was built in Thailand under 4 months ago. That is impressive especially with chip shortages and shipping delays taking place right meow.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    IDK about the dash, but it is really upsetting to have something new rusting. Mine is only slightly over 2 and the inside engine bay has been rusting since last year. The bolts and hose clams have moderate rust. You can't undercoat that...

My 20 year old grand Cherokee with 205k miles had less rust inside the engine bay... not great but what can you do. At this rate I will have 200k miles on it in 6 more years so I doubt the rust will matter....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    IDK about the dash, but it is really upsetting to have something new rusting. Mine is only slightly over 2 and the inside engine bay has been rusting since last year. The bolts and hose clams have moderate rust.
    I don't remember if Mitsubishi uses bolts or metals that dont 'rust' as easily. Steel wheels will always leave surface rust though, so that's not surprising. Anything that touches the outside elements, I'm expecting to see surface rust. I'll have to take a peek under my engine bay again but from what I remember, it's still in decent shape, especially being about 6 years of ownership and driving it through the winter/salt marinated roads.

Pics from Dec2020 of the undercarriage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)