Thread: F.A.S.T Key buttons NOT working [got wet]

Country
    Mexico
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

F.A.S.T Key buttons NOT working [got wet]

The FAST key fob got wet, I replaced the battery, clean the circuit board, I can start the engine, open/close the locks with the button, but the Key Fob buttons do not work. It just blinks approximately 25 times whenever a button is triggered.

Any ideas before spending in a replacement or getting it fixed?

Help!

Name:  IMG_5783.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  87.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5809.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  23.5 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Rinse in distilled water. Dry thoroughly. That means slowly once the excess water has been shaken off, dried gently with a paper towel and put in a warm, dry place for a few hours. That "should" restore operation. A lot of electronic equipment is cleaned with water solutions and dried this general way.

Any obvious contamination should be removed, like human sweat (very conductive), mud, chemicals, etc. The little clicker switches will be the most likely to harbor contaminants and cleaning water. You may want to use low pressure air to remove the distilled water from them.

You basically will win on salvaging this thing but certainly cannot get any worse than having to replace it. Are these one of those things that have to be programmed?
    Karl

Country
    Mexico
    Thanks
    Thanks for your comments Karl, yes, indeed it needs to be programmed. Nevertheless I need a replacement because it is the only one that the seller gave me, and these has become troublesome as the battery needs to be replaced every certain time, and key cannot function if it is blinking.

And in my opinion the replacement its too expensive around 190 USD / 4000 MXN.