Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The times they are a changin'

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    ... use the money you save on gas and car payments to put in a pool.
    AtomicPunk: I'm using the money saved on gas to slam my 401k to the federally mandated limit. And in any other way I can think of to reign in my tax burden.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Jalopnik talks about sub $20k cars

The mirage gets some publicity… I guess? Scroll down to the last sentence.

Get yourself a new Mitsubishi Mirage, I say, while you still can.
    https://jalopnik.com/so-much-for-the...fWBTPBspICKaic
    Last edited by Eggman; 11-03-2021 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Moved post to discussion already in progress.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Then the nerd guy (forget his name) came out with his idiot video about the Mirage being the worst vehicle one can buy. And as I watched it I disagreed with nearly everything out of his mouth.

I remember his name. Because he was such an idiot.
    I think he moved from cars to real-estate, showing the "quirks and features" of
    houses on the market. He really had so little knowledge of cars that moving on
    to houses was not at all a surprise to me. Doug Demuro. The idiot.
    I hope this helps.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to UnderBridgeDweller For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (12-23-2021),Dirk Diggler (12-27-2021),Fummins (12-23-2021),inuvik (12-24-2021),mohammad (12-29-2021),Wil B (12-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I remember when I was on the fence in buying my first Mirage. Mediocre reviews, etc. Doug DeA**wipe's review made me immediately buy the Mirage. It was everything I wanted in an economy car!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wil B For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-24-2021),inuvik (12-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, time is changing as I will be getting the G4 with the manual soon. Still at Thailand

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil B View Post
    I remember when I was on the fence in buying my first Mirage. Mediocre reviews, etc. Doug DeA**wipe's review made me immediately buy the Mirage. It was everything I wanted in an economy car!
    That was the funny thing about DeAsswipe's video when it was first posted. A lot of people in the comments section were like, "Oh, I kinda want one of these now."

Many of the other comments were people from other countries saying, "Hey, I live in ______ and the Mirage is considered a pretty nice car here. Fcuk you!"

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-26-2021),Wil B (12-26-2021)

The sad thing is that was at the time his biggest video. I read or watched somewhere that it was his first "viral" hit.

He recently posted a review of a '91 Geo Metro 5-speed convertible and didn't have much good to say about it either. Though he did acknowledge (several times) its impressive fuel economy and the charm of a truly basic car.

But "no rational person" would drive a car like that in America, he insists.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Never forget Doug DeMoron didn't even know what a floor vent was in the Mirage. Says about all you need to know about his opinions. Scotty Kilmer at least was half right in saying a Mirage is a good choice up to 100k miles, after that he insinuated the Mirage wouldn't last much longer than that, from owners on here, that couldn't be more wrong.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Never forget Doug DeMoron didn't even know what a floor vent was in the Mirage. Says about all you need to know about his opinions. Scotty Kilmer at least was half right in saying a Mirage is a good choice up to 100k miles, after that he insinuated the Mirage wouldn't last much longer than that, from owners on here, that couldn't be more wrong.
    Doug DeDumbDumb proved that he doesn't even do his research with the floor vent comment. He tries to be cute, edgy....and that has given him a following. Unfortunately most of the YouTube auto reviewers just copy what guys like DeDumbo say, rather than live with a vehicle for awhile. And ALL vehicles are held to a BMW standard regardless of purpose/price. I look forward to the day folks stop mortgaging their future in order to purchase a $40-50,000 'Canyonaro' and we again have a selection of useful, reasonably sized & priced vehicles.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wil B For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-27-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I wish Fummins had his own youtube show. It'd be funny, informative, and honest.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-27-2021)