Thread: US: Kelley Blue Book 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Review (YouTube)

US: Kelley Blue Book 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Review (YouTube)

The Mitsubishi Mirage is an exceedingly cheap little hatchback. Does it muster enough pleasantness to make that cheapness bearable? Kelley Blue Book's Micah Muzio investigates in this video.
    An entertaining review of the top spec CVT that hits the usual high & low points, while managing to keep the car in perspective, more or less...

Overall:

"Basically, for maximum cheapness, it's hard to top the Mitsubishi. It isn't the car you want ... It's not particularly cool looking, fun to drive, or something you'd want to brag about to your friends. But it is a car that's cheap to buy, cheap to drive, and comes with a 100k mile powertrain warranty.... nicer than riding the bus."
    But what if you want a cheap to buy, cheap to run car??

Bonus points to the spotter of the first (glaring) factual error in the vid!

This is going to be a popular video with lots of comments. Link to comments page at YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=RlpzpJDBuZk

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Mikhail (02-04-2014)

Oh, and here's the link to the KBB web review by the same guy:

http://www.kbb.com/mitsubishi/mirage...ubishi-mirage/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's 74 HP to you, Pal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fifteenwindow View Post
    That's 74 HP to you, Pal.

Phewww. Glad I don't have to change my user name

Ha! Welcome back, 74.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Good review overall. It's a completely different style than the usual KBB video review; with the music, light humor, and the young reviewer. It's well suited to the younger buyers who will be considering the Mirage and are going to watch the video. The review itself, like what Metro stated, mentions the shortcomings of the car, but doesn't dwell on them like many other reviews, and it points out the cars many good points too. Very fair and unbiased; well done KBB!

The paper shredder comment with the slimline grill to feed documents through made me laugh
    Last edited by festiboi; 02-05-2014 at 01:25 AM.

Me too. "Insert documents here" = LOL.

---

I'm glad to see the number of views on this KBB review are rocketing up. It's over 3k in one day, so it's on track to become the most watched North American Mirage review ... and will soon take over from that horrible, unprofessional Canadian review which is sitting around ~17k views total.

I've looked at a bunch more reviews by this guy, Micah Muzio. They're pretty good - he's refreshing in a goofball sort of way, but he still comes across as professional/knowledgeable. And neat factoid: he makes the music that goes with his reviews.

The KBB review is already up to 5,000 views. Impressive.

Too bad Mitsu stuck him with the CVT to test -- this reviewer would have gotten a kick out of the manual, I think. (He loves to drive and he's good at it -- watch the KBB Mazda Miata race spec videos on their channel.)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    ����LoL���� this guy's funny. Quite realistic. It's a big car for small money as well as to purchase as to operate

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)