Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car throwing engine fault codes.... p0102 (Solved: new MAF sensor)

Bummer. Subscribed to find out how this is resolved.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The dealer just phoned. They think the airflow sensor is faulty and have the part coming in.

What I don't understand is why the ASC/ traction control system trouble lights come on when the Maf sensor poops the bed....unless it's tied into the throttle system/engine speed doohicker somehows....

At least it wasn't one of these calls...."Brace yourself for some really bad news...."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strawboss View Post
    What I don't understand
    What I don't understand is how a dealer cannot KNOW what the problem is. I can guarantee that the corporation (Mitsubishi Motors Corporation) has made all the necessary testing / confirmation procedures to instruct the Sales (and Service) side to be able to isolate the problem down to its exact cause. But it takes half an hour longer to do it right and the monkeys are too busy trying to beat shop time because they're driven by the Neanderthals to do just that ... versus taking the time to do anything right. I'm pretty sure that's the policy in the service department (all OEMs, not just Mitsubish ... and this includes Toyota Motor Sales (America)).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I had them install the new mass airflow sensor, that part was cool.
    The not so cool part was that last week they were making noises like it may be covered under the 10 yr warranty, I thought that was cool although I never heard of sensors being covered, so when I showed to have it installed they 'fessed up and said nocando, sorry and by the way the sensor is in the $400 range, plus tax....

The desk guy was a little sheepish when I told him that Crappy Tire quoted me $199 + tax for the same part and I'm not paying that, buh-bye...

So they waived the labour and charged me $50 more than the CTC price which they claimed was cost as goodwill.

Edited to add; on the bill it stated they scanned the car with a "hyundai scanner"?
    Maybe a bit of humor on their part when I told them I liked their Elantra loaner?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to strawboss For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-19-2021)

Did you get the impression they were scamming you (warranty then no-warranty)?

Hope it's running as good as new now .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Did you get the impression they were scamming you (warranty then no-warranty)?

Hope it's running as good as new now .
    I said that straight up to their face, although the desk guy was a new hire from Crappy Tire and I cut him some slack and told him as much....and I told them that the Donnelly Mitsubishi dealer was 5 klicks closer than theirs to me but I came to them because of a disagreement with their Ford outlet 25 years ago and I swore they'd never see my business again....but if push came to shove I'd go to them next time.....and my voice does carry.

Edit; and it is running good btw!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strawboss For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-19-2021),MetroMPG (11-19-2021)

Updated the thread title.

Glad it's working well again. (Better than my transmission!)