Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas reserve? Is it real, and if so how big is it?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Does the little smiley face emoji after your sentence indicate a joke? Because I could have sworn I saw one after Cobrajets post, too. Now if you'll excuse me I gotta go watch Dave Chappelle on my pirated Netflix account.
    The sunglasses mean it's a cool joke!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does the little smiley face emoji after your sentence indicate a joke? Because I could have sworn I saw one after Cobrajets post, too. Now if you'll excuse me I gotta go watch Dave Chappelle on my pirated Netflix account.
    Hey, mods! I hate to gripe, but the emojis here need a LOT of work. They are still called 'smileys' even though it isn't 2006 anymore.

Does the little smiley face emoji after your sentence indicate a joke?
    It was more of a rhetorical question. It just wasn't comprehended as one by a few. Maybe it was my poor grammar?

Regardless, the question was inadvertently answered by dale and pity's post's about astronauts and freedom, "(it)probably wouldn't go over so well". Nope it wouldn't.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (11-08-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It was more of a rhetorical question. It just wasn't comprehended as one by a few. Maybe it was my poor grammar?

Regardless, the question was inadvertently answered by dale and pity's post's about astronauts and freedom, "(it)probably wouldn't go over so well". Nope it wouldn't.
    Yeah, I was pretty sure you spelled "fukers" wrong.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There is no industry where this battle is worse than the tire industry... OMG it would make your head spin.

All specs are created in Metric and then the industry still works on 32nds of an inch... ugghhhh. And don't get me started on "ply rating"

We can all agree on the antiquated smilies however... although it is one of the many things that make me smile about this forum. Makes me feel like forum life did back in the 90s-early 00s.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    There is no industry where this battle is worse than the tire industry... OMG it would make your head spin.

All specs are created in Metric and then the industry still works on 32nds of an inch... ugghhhh. And don't get me started on "ply rating"

We can all agree on the antiquated smilies however... although it is one of the many things that make me smile about this forum. Makes me feel like forum life did back in the 90s-early 00s.
    What about those weird metric tires/wheels that ferd put on some mustangs in the 80's or early 90's?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post

The auto industry in general still fights it. Friggin drawings have be done with, "dual dimensioning." This is specially hard on us Mericans working for an Asian auto company.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    What about those weird metric tires/wheels that ferd put on some mustangs in the 80's or early 90's?
    Yes, the Michelin TRX. Also known as "The Betamax of Tires".

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Well, I won't be surprised and I think there is a reserve. I mean, it's for everyone's safety and it also gives us a warning. I'm not an expert in this domain, so I think there are better people to explain this to us. You may check crowoutdoors.com or even other platforms like this one, maybe you'll find something interesting or that may help you. I haven't checked if I have any difference like yours, but you got me quite interested, so I'm going to check it out next time I'm going to the station.
    Last edited by Blackweller; 11-26-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackweller View Post
    Well, I won't be surprised and I think there is a reserve. I mean, it's for everyone's safety and it also gives us a warning.
    Modern day fuel pumps are meant to be submerged in fuel in the gas tank, & I believe gas gauges are designed with that in mind.

Personally, I like knowing I have some gas left when the last bar disappears. If the tank was empty when it disappeared, that wouldn't be very useful at all. Starting to guess when the tank may be empty would be silly in my mind. When the last bar is gone, I am hitting the next gas station. Most times, I just fill up when I need something else like milk, bread, or a even a bathroom stop.