Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Gas reserve? Is it real, and if so how big is it?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I usually stop at the first click. Except I get 1 whole point for every gallon at RaceTrac. And now I'm OCD about it. If I stop at 7.999 gallons, I get 7 points. If I stop at 8.000 gallons I get 8 points. So if it clicks off over a half gallon, I dribble it in to get that next point.

What good are those points to me? Not much, I'm just OCD. But I do get free coffee. I can't wait until I get enough points for free hookers and blackjack!
    I'd stop going to Race Track 7miles. They don't use gas treated with Top Tier Detergent like Shell, BP, and Texaco does. My wife's best friend is an executive administrator at their Atlanta headquarters and she tells me they purchase whole sale gas of the lowest caliber. Of course I suppose you could off set this by using a bottle of fuel treatment every month or so.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,026 Posts
    My Mirage prefers bottom tier gas and it strongly dislikes any cleaners added to the fuel. I try to go right when the big trucks are filling the tanks and stir up all the sludge and crap. What doesn't kill my 3-Tapper only makes it stronger, I'm guessing that son-of-a-gun is up to 79 hp by now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-27-2022),mohammad (05-28-2022)

I throw a handful of sand, salt and/or grass clipping in my tank once in a while just to keep it running like a top. What doesn't kill it makes it stronger?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-27-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I throw a handful of sand, salt and/or grass clipping in my tank once in a while just to keep it running like a top. What doesn't kill it makes it stronger?
    I always keep one of these handy just in case my Mirage needs a little extra to get me to my destination. Cars get thirsty too!

Name:  Pouring-Coke-into-Gas-Tank.jpeg
Views: 243
Size:  48.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-27-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Absolutely!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I always keep one of these handy just in case my Mirage needs a little extra to get me to my destination. Cars get thirsty too!
    Now we're talkin!