Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruise Control (adding to car using OEM parts/switches)

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satria_wr View Post
    You dont need to open the clock spring itself. All you need to do is reach on the bottom connector of clockspring and run a wire from there to the ecu,... 2 wire is all it needs. And yes, asian build dont support cruise control. Wire assignments are different and also the ecu itself are different.
    Ah, that's a pain. What's the part number of your ECU? I can compare it to mine when I get a chance (which won't be soon, but this is a nut I'd like to crack!!)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 3 CVT 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noopernipe View Post
    OK, time for an update; I had previously installed the Mitsubishi cruise control switch to the steering wheel. Control backlighting worked, so I thought it would be easy. Finally got my VCI pass-thru cable from ebay that supports J2534 ( http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171843404...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT ), so I hooked it up to my ETACS Decoder software ( http://etacsdecoder.com/forum/index.php ). Make sure that you use the recommended driver, not the supplied driver. Successfully activated a number of functions, such as external temp display and real-time fuel consumption. Found the correct setting in the ED program and changed cruise control to "Present", and cruise control option coding to "Accept". this data was successfully written to the ETACS.

I will be installing the ETACS software into a new laptop and will be buying that VCI cable. Does the software function like the MUT-3? What functions does it have?

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    It allow you to set up the parameter within the etacs. Basically it will show and let you change the option of the etacs itself.
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to satria_wr For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (12-09-2015)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    I will be installing the ETACS software into a new laptop and will be buying that VCI cable. Does the software function like the MUT-3? What functions does it have?
    Download the program, and it is pretty self-explanatory. It allows you to change ETACS settings, and is a lot cheaper than MUT-III.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 40.0 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noopernipe For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (12-09-2015),Mitz (12-09-2015)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noopernipe View Post
    Download the program, and it is pretty self-explanatory. It allows you to change ETACS settings, and is a lot cheaper than MUT-III.
    Few things I want to see:
    Enable/Disable TPMS
    Enable/Disable Eco Light
    Set/Reset PMS schedule
    Re-Calibrate Speedometer with different size tires.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    Few things I want to see:
    Enable/Disable TPMS
    Enable/Disable Eco Light
    Set/Reset PMS schedule
    Re-Calibrate Speedometer with different size tires.
    All of those come up in the program.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 40.0 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Need asian wiring,...
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  20160409_160205.jpg
Views: 2215
Size:  97.4 KBName:  20160409_160808.jpg
Views: 2363
Size:  94.8 KBName:  20160409_160826.jpg
Views: 2331
Size:  91.4 KB
    I have Mitsubishi Mirage 2014 DE 5-speed manual transmission. It doesn't come with cruise control. I bought repair manual from E-bay and started my research. I found out that ECU is the same as ES models. Then I started to disassemble complete dashboard and found so many extra unused connectors. Let's make a story short I was able to install Fuse hands free Bluetooth control module, Enable my cruise control using Chinese MUTIII and decoded my ECU kon file. To complete cruise control all you need Cruise control switch, Brake stop switch with 4 pins. Originally cars without cruise comes with 2 pins Brake stop switch. If your car is manual you have to buy Clutch switch for a cruise control. If you have those 3 components then install and decode your ECU and you have a Cruise control. I bought used steering wheel from Outlander Sport and modified resistors inside the Cruise control switch otherwise Outlander's switch is not compatible with Mirage.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seanla04 For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-11-2016),Eggman (04-10-2016),inuvik (04-10-2016)

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    With Seanla04's breakthrough I've been looking again at adding cruise to my car and to that end a mini-VCI cable is now on the way to me.

I haven't yet investigated if I'll need a new brake switch on my UK car, but before that I've got a bit bogged down with cruise switches. Specifically, I don't fancy replacing resistors on the switch if one can buy a Mirage-specific version; this is mainly because my soldering skills are somewhat limited.

To that end, I've been looking at online parts catalogues to identify the Mirage flavoured switch. I've found this site, which seems to be the most up to date:

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genu...e?c=Mitsubishi

And via clicking through, I have found that the part number is 8602A088 - one that's appeared on here before as being suitable... However, searching online using this part number brings up several parts websites that list it for the Mirage 2014, BUT they also list it as being compatible with the Outlander as well.

Back to Partsouq.... And a substitute cruise control switch is listed - 8602A110. This comes up as a 2015 Mirage switch and is not specified for any other car.

My gut is telling me that the one that fits both the Mirage and Outlander is the one that may require modification, but I'm not sure - and seeing as I'll have to order 'blind' without a VIN to pull the right switch from I don't want to waste my money - especially as one switch is more expensive than the other.

So - anyone have any insights?

Seanla04 - what part number was on the switch you modified (if indeed there was one stamped on it)?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 3 CVT 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    8602A088 = fit mirage 1.2 and also outlander 2.4
    8602A114 = fit asx facelift 1.8 and 2.0

2013 Honda Vario CBS VB