Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruise Control (adding to car using OEM parts/switches)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Bump...

-Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Please follow this up. I really want to get it working in my Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For those with cruise control factory installed, does the cruise function remain active with the car is turned off and then back on?

My Mitsubishi Galant has a mechanical switch that leaves the circuit active between power cycles. You just have to set the desired speed each time the car is started.

My Hyundai has an electrical switch that turns off the cruise circuit every time you restart the car. As a result, you have to reactivate the cruise control and set the speed, which is a pain when you make a number of brief stops during a longish trip.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    My Mirage with aftermarkt cruise control will be turned off everytime the engine turned off. My previous Fiesta does the same, turned off when engine's off.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Every cruise control system I have had requires you to reset the desired speed each time you start the car. They all also have a cruise circuit activation button, which enables you to use the feature.

The difference I've observed is that some manufacturers use a straight mechanical switch to activate the cruise circuit, which stays however it was set regardless of the car being turned off and back on. Others use a switch that automatically turns off when the car is turned off, thus requiring you to both turn the cruise control back on and set the speed each time you power up the car.

Just trying to determine which of these two implementation types the Mirage has.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Some car companies have the preliminary cruise on/off button/feature.

For example: old civics have the cruise push button that could always be set to on or off. When the button is on, all you have to do is push "set" or usually the "(-) or decrease speed button."

Alternatively, the few current model fords that I've driven, you have to push the cruise on/off button every time you turn the car on before you can push "set."

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Any updates on this? Today I am leaning toward base model, but maybe adding cruise for the long highway drives. Not wanting alloys at all, and only wanting a/c a bit, the SE model seems pretty pricey.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I found a lancer thread, here http://projectlancer.net/index.php?showtopic=5126, that may help understand how the system works better.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The factory cruise ON/OFF (not set/accl) is electronic and thus switches off every time the car shuts off (much to my dismay)

Picked up my fully loaded Mirage Saturday and this was one of the only things to irritate me, as I am coming from a VW that I could leave on all the time and merely hit "SET"

Cheers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Definitely agree with Basic.

Several Honda vehicles I've driven are like VWs as well - CC can be set to ON all-the-time.

Mitsu is like Ford, the ON/OFF gets defaulted to OFF as soon as you turn the car off.