Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruise Control (adding to car using OEM parts/switches)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Definitely agree with Basic.

Several Honda vehicles I've driven are like VWs as well - CC can be set to ON all-the-time.

Mitsu is like Ford, the ON/OFF gets defaulted to OFF as soon as you turn the car off.
    Not all. I know for a fact that my 2013 Evo's cruise control stays on when I turn the car off. I would bet money there is a MUT3 setting that can change this setting on any post 2005 Mitsubishi that utilizes Throttle-by-wire. I think it has more to do with what they perceive to be the best choice for the targeted demographic or something LOL.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990ggsxnj View Post
    Not all. I know for a fact that my 2013 Evo's cruise control stays on when I turn the car off. I would bet money there is a MUT3 setting that can change this setting on any post 2005 Mitsubishi that utilizes Throttle-by-wire. I think it has more to do with what they perceive to be the best choice for the targeted demographic or something LOL.
    INTERESTING! I would love to see something figured out about this... and you would think that if the EVO can stay on, then this could as well.... very interesting indeed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My 02 Mazda Protege had cruise and fog light switches that stayed however they were set. I loved this feature as we always used the fogs at night and it made using the cruise a one touch operation when we wanted to use it.

I currently have a Hyundai Azera and the Mirage. Both turn off the cruise circuit whenever the car is shut off.

I like the purely mechanical switches that stay in whatever position the operator sets them to. Certainly not a deal breaker, but it is a convenience to be able to stop for a meal or quick rest room break on a long drive and just have one button to push to reset the cruise.

Currently, both my cars require that after a quick stop, I have to:
    1) push the silly warning screen on the navigation system
    2) push the cruise control on/off switch to on
    3) set the desired speed

If driving at night, add:
    4) turn the fog lights back on

Ideally, I'd like to just to #3. To make the lawyers happy, I'd even be willing to push ok to the stupid nav screen warning if the car has been off for over an hour. The Mirage resets the MPG rating after a certain period of inactivity, so I know it could be done and done inexpensively.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I spoke with my sales rep who is going to see if he can find out the differences between the models that have cruise and those that don't so we can hopefully get a parts list for what is needed. I'll post back once I know anything.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any updates? Im dying to add cruise control

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.2 mpg (US) ... 18.8 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dealer said the parts from an ES won't work but I haven't had the time (or money) to purchase elsewhere. Sorry folks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.2 mpg (US) ... 18.8 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.1 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigHerm For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-17-2014)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Hi everyone
    I manage to buy the switch from local part shop here in Indonesia.
    They are the same like the facelifted Outlander Sport which use the same steering wheels like mirage. After I fitted the switch, it won't even illuminate (yes, it does come with the wiring inside the steering itself. So it's plug and play for the hardware). I've even change the brake switch which was made for Montera (exactly the same but with 4 wires instead of 2 wires).

Maybe I'm gonna try to bring it to the steelership and borrow their MUT3 and try to find if it able to change the ETACS settings for cruise control switch
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to satria_wr For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-08-2016),MetroMPG (08-17-2014),Noopernipe (08-21-2014)

satria wr - thanks for posting the experiment. Happy that someone has tried it.

And welcome to the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    The info on the rostra website suggest that only CVT Mirages can be equipped with the cruise control.

Is that true? What transmission is your car?

good luck with the install

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)