Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruise Control (adding to car using OEM parts/switches)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satria_wr View Post
    No worries At least I can found cheap online store that can ship it to my place
    I just bought my CC controls from https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genu...te?c=MMC201407 delivered to Australia via FedEx for US$65.12. Cheap!

You have the option to enter a VIN, or you can look up the parts using their diagrams. Very good site, very quick shipping.

Now I just need to fit them and sort out the ETACS.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 40.0 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I see someone's asking about enabling cruise on ETACS Decoder - I'll keep my eyes on it:

http://etacsdecoder.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=219

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 3 CVT 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Teasmade For This Useful Post:

Daox (05-21-2015)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    OK. Fitted the CC switch onto the steering wheel. It even lights up when I turn on the ignition! As mine is manual, it needed a second clutch switch, which was already present in the pedal box Now, I need to sort out the ETACS function. Guess I will have to find a dealer that will allow me to get a .kon file downloaded from my car. Dealers aren't that helpful here

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 40.0 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Noopernipe For This Useful Post:

satria_wr (05-26-2015)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Hi Teasmade,

I have enable the cruise function on my mirage. The problem is, from the switch to the clockspring wire exist, after that, it was gone. I urgently need USDM/UKDM/AUDM wiring diagrams to be able to continue this progress.

In the mean time, i have activated cruise on ford ecosport and mk7.5 fiesta
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yesterday evening I installed the rostra 250-9633 cruise control which is dedicated to the 2014 mirage but it fits in the 2015 just as Good. All buttons function no issue so whatever took it for a 8mi cruise following the installation and it met my expectation. Come tuesday evening i will play with it more considering i have a hr drive on the highway. I purchased mine from eBay recieved it in 5days.
    http://www.rostra.com/2014-mitsubish...rol-add-on.php
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/251604702112?txnId=1661906315015

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrNuff For This Useful Post:

Donut (06-07-2015)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    Hey MrNuff,

thx for the info, finally we can get first hands reports about the Rostra kit. I've been playing with the idea of installing is for a while.

Is your Mirage a CVT or manual?

Did you install it yourself?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Hey MrNuff,

thx for the info, finally we can get first hands reports about the Rostra kit. I've been playing with the idea of installing is for a while.

Is your Mirage a CVT or manual?

Did you install it yourself?
    Yes sir I have a CVT and yep I installed it myself. The instructions are seriously dead on exact. Only time I actually used my mulimeter was to verify an definite ground.
    10mm wrench
    14mm wrench
    Phillips head screw driver
    Wire strippers..
    Electrical tape and (soldering iron) <<optional

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Donut have you installed it yet? Let me know if you need more info.

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    Hello MrNuff,

no, I am still in the research stage.

On redline360, once I define the Mirage as my car, there is an additional ROSTRA cruise control available, an universal cruise control kit. Now I wonder, what's the difference?

Any ideas?

The universal one is a bit cheaper than the Mirage specific...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    did install the rostra cruise control yesterday. The 5 hours install were hard, but it was worth it; it's working nicely. I am looking forward to the weekend for taking my Mirage on a longer cruise.

Most time was lost by figuring out how to access the individual locations and how to open the covers. Since I did it on a parking lot, I was also lacking some tools and power. I had to borrow one UPS to solder the ignition wire. Also, crawling around the clutch, brake, and gas pedal floor gave me plenty of bruises in the back.

Since I have a stick shift, I had to also add the clutch switch, which was a piece of cake, since the Mirage has mounts on the clutch pedal (I guess they are intended for this purpose).

Something to note:
    As you have to disconnect the battery, any information on the trip computer will be erased and the clock reset. You might want to document trip distance for your fuel economy log before this step.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Donut For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-26-2015)