Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Cruise Control (adding to car using OEM parts/switches)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    Hi, found this post, it said that no LED on cluster. So I try the last setup on road, still no light but the cruise was active. Any idea how to enable the missing LED?
    That's an interesting question - how to enable an indicator that is missing. Sounds like it needs to be installed first?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    At least i know now that my cruise control is working. Need to replace the clockspring first. And will ask some friends to lend their 2017+ cluster to find out if it wires or LED missing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-06-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Is it much easier to just get the Rostra stalk set up? Does the Rostra not require messing with the ECU because its its own computer?

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Is it much easier to just get the Rostra stalk set up? Does the Rostra not require messing with the ECU because its its own computer?
    I do this mod not because i need cruise control. I do it as hobby, explore our car's potential and more satisfying if I can solved this mod. Hope this can help others who wants OEM cruise.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-02-2021)

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    Yes, it can lock properly to both clockspring & ecu. You need to open socket's lock before insert the pins.

I think all mirage have same ECU, surprisingly they have same ECU for some mitsubishi vehicles.
    For example both my mitsubishi mirage(2015) and xpander(2018) shared same ECU (i don't know the P/N) and wiring diagram. As I said before, I did the cruise control for my xpander based on this thread.

Attachment 13080
    Did you get it to work on Mirage ?

I have the switch, the car is programmed successfully and I want to wire it to the ECU but the pins 93-94 are reserved (same as the picture on the right), but it's not wired up to the back of clock spring.

What's wrong ?
    Last edited by WALEEDMANGO; 04-22-2019 at 12:38 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Can anyone advise me on how I go about replacing the OEM cruise control switches? My "set speed/res-" is broken. Do I need to fully remove the steering wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Can anyone advise me on how I go about replacing the OEM cruise control switches? My "set speed/res-" is broken. Do I need to fully remove the steering wheel?
    I just took a look at a wheel I have off. The switch is held on by a single Phillips head screw from behind. It goes straight on from behind. There are 2 holes behind the spoke, the screw is in behind the bigger of the 2 holes, the smaller hole is used to remove the airbag. Stick your camera phone in behind and take a pic to see what I mean.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Daox (08-28-2019),Jin (08-27-2019)

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Thanks
    You don't need to take out the steering wheel, you can turn the steering wheel 90 degrees and access the switch screw from under the steering column, then you can wiggle it it will come out, but it's better to remove the airbag in order to install the new one safely without too much force

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WALEEDMANGO For This Useful Post:

Jin (08-30-2019)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The switch is held on by a single Phillips head screw from behind. It goes straight on from behind. There are 2 holes behind the spoke, the screw is in behind the bigger of the 2 holes
    Cheers for this.
    I had a try just now, the angle is fairly awkward being at a steep angle against the steering column and the back of the steering wheel.
    Will give it another go tomorrow in the daytime, once out it'll see if it can be repaired at all or splash out on a new replacement.

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Thanks
    Cheers for this.
    I had a try just now, the angle is fairly awkward being at a steep angle against the steering column and the back of the steering wheel.
    Will give it another go tomorrow in the daytime, once out it'll see if it can be repaired at all or splash out on a new replacement.
    You don't have to look for the screw, you just need to feel it with the screw driver and work it out.
    The airbag removal is also simple, you can use a flat head screw driver or it's far better to use a torx T30 or T40 for bigger contact area, push it into the hole and push hard on the spring you will see it pop from one side, do the same for the other side and do the last one from the down side.
    I'm preparing a video on cruise control install, I will post it on youtube soon