Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Cruise Control (adding to car using OEM parts/switches)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WALEEDMANGO View Post
    You don't have to look for the screw, you just need to feel it with the screw driver and work it out.
    The airbag removal is also simple
    Did end up getting it out and fixed it. Thanks for your help.

Not exactly sure what went wrong with it originally. Every part looked to be in good working order. Once the module was free from the wheel I took it apart and cleaned everything inside and outside.
    Once together and reinstalled I did a test drive.

Before the cruise would only set about once every 10 tries.
    Now its back to normal, tried 30times, worked every single time.

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have uploaded a video for the installation

Please share & subscribe

Thanks
    Last edited by Eggman; 11-25-2019 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Embedded video in post

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WALEEDMANGO For This Useful Post:

James08 (07-23-2020),kipton (10-04-2023),MetroMPG (04-02-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hey WALEEDMANGO thanks for sharing your installation video. I embedded it in your post.

Nice work!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't find any pictures in this thread, but I figure I'll ask in case anyone has any input:

I'm going to upgrade my steering wheel from the base model one to the leather/piano black one. I was able to find a junker to sell me the wheel/buttons for cheap. I already have all these buttons installed and working on my existing base model wheel.

Instead of using the new buttons from the new wheel (once I receive it), I would like to just swap the matte faceplate from my old buttons with the piano black faceplate of the new buttons. So, basically, same buttons (that work), but shiny new faceplate.

Hopefully my description of what I am trying to do makes sense.

Is it possible to remove just the faceplate on these buttons? If so, how?

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    I can't find any pictures in this thread, but I figure I'll ask in case anyone has any input:

I'm going to upgrade my steering wheel from the base model one to the leather/piano black one. I was able to find a junker to sell me the wheel/buttons for cheap. I already have all these buttons installed and working on my existing base model wheel.

Instead of using the new buttons from the new wheel (once I receive it), I would like to just swap the matte faceplate from my old buttons with the piano black faceplate of the new buttons. So, basically, same buttons (that work), but shiny new faceplate.

Hopefully my description of what I am trying to do makes sense.

You can find used steering wheels of Mitsubishi Outlander, ASX or Mirage on eBay for around $70

Yes you can remove the faceplate and replace it with the piano black one, it's just small plastic tabs on the back that you need to push outward, use a small flat head screwdriver

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Name:  20210402_200456.jpg
Views: 1098
Size:  92.0 KB
    Name:  20210402_200514.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  95.9 KB

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-02-2021),PityOnU (04-02-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okey dokey, y'all, another question for ya:

Is there a way to remove the minimum engagement speed for cruise control functionality? Seems it's 25mph on my car. Would like it to be lower - maybe 15mph. Maybe somewhere in ETACS?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts

Is there a way to remove the minimum engagement speed for cruise control functionality? Seems it's 25mph on my car. Would like it to be lower - maybe 15mph. Maybe somewhere in ETACS?
    Isn't 25mph the typical minimum for all cars?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Don't forget to disconnect your battery.

I've unscrewed one bolt to ground the cruise control. Before that I had checked with a multimeter whether the resistance to chassis from that screw was small enough (~1 Ohm or smaller).

The most time got lost by figuring out where to mount the things or how to open/access the panels.
    Most panels pop off, after you unscrew the screws in these black plastic spreaders. After a couple of turns, you can start to pull on the whole thing. For the steering wheel cover, you'll have to remove the screw below the wheel and then you can slide in a flat screwdriver at the left and pop open the top and bottom cover.

I've also cut open the isolation of the ignition wire about 2-3 inches before the cable reached the connector (I had to remove some of the factory installed tape to better separate the cable strand). I have then soldered the cable from the cruise control to that exposed wire and secured the whole thing with plenty of electrical tape. You can access this wire through the breaker circuit panel at the your left knee. You'll also have to pop out the OBD II connector and put the adapter cable in series while you'r at it. The ignition cable is a bit to the left of this yellow frame and the connector quite hard to disconnect.

I've cable tied the cruise unit to a metal strip just next to the breaker board with the connectors pointing downwards. You can almost access the metal through the breaker panel.

Since most of the wires are too long, I've used the shipped cable ties to clean up the mess and mounted it to other cables or locations that didn't move. (careful with the steering column, since the cables could get caught there).

I also recommend to get some foam or tape to soften the edge of the front seat rail, since this will cut into your side when you crawl around the pedals.

One thing you can do better: I've drilled the hole for the cruise switch at the left side below the blinker, but now the status light of the cruise control is hidden by the steering wheel.

I wish I had documented the process :-/
    Thanks so much for this! Did my install this morning and this information helped!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

I wish, the prime use for cruise control is being able to set it in long stretches of fake "roadworks" 25kph zones that are so popular in this country.