Thread: Iphone keeps disconnecting from Carplay irregularly

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Angry Iphone keeps disconnecting from Carplay irregularly

Hi, anyone has experienced the irregular disconnecting of iphone from carplay on Mirage? It happened to my Mirage since day1, sometimes, it disconnects not that often, but sometimes, it keeps disconnecting numerous times even in a short trip, and I have to keep fighting with the issue by replug in the cable. This really endangers my driving. I have used several genuine cables but problem remains. Anyone has an idea? Could it be the problem of the car computer? Thank you!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 1.2 automatic: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Have you tried a shorter cable? That could help.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daleWV View Post
    Have you tried a shorter cable? That could help.
    Not yet, all my iphone cables are 3 feet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 1.2 automatic: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I almost punched my head unit screen this morning.
    My issue was that it would USUALLY only quit working when I did not end the call. So either I dropped the call or the other party hung up. Then I could not connect to my phone even though it showed charging. I could make a call from my phone and it would even show on the screen but the call would only come through the iphone itself.
    This morning the carplay randomly disconnected twice. I had to turn the car off to reconnect. The second time the carplay icon was still on the headunit. I tapped it and the screen went blank. I was only 5 minutes from work by now so I decided to let it go and it never did reconnect. Someone suggested only using official iphone cables. While I doubt this will work, I will try it just in case.
    I wonder what the dealer will do if I show them this does not work as advertised. It is reproduceable with the other party disconnecting. Does both on my iphone and the wife's.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I have no issues of Android Auto disconnecting but I'm not able to receive text messages, only send them. Occasionally my internet connection will disappear thru certain areas. I use a top-of-the-line cord from best buy too. The plug in port isn't the most stable either, I can feel some play in it.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Don't know if this helps but I had a similar problem. Changed cables a few times and it turned out there was a thin layer of compressed dust/dirt in the phone port. Once I cleaned that out hasn't disconnected since.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adz187 View Post
    Don't know if this helps but I had a similar problem. Changed cables a few times and it turned out there was a thin layer of compressed dust/dirt in the phone port. Once I cleaned that out hasn't disconnected since.
    Yes some people never realize the port is dirty because they always wirelessly charge their phone.