Thread: ETACS Interface Software in 2021

Country
    United States
    Thanks

ETACS Interface Software in 2021

I had been using the "ETACS Decoder" software for programming the computer in my Mirage the handful of times I had gone in to mess around with it over the last year or so. It's the paid, token-based software by that Russian dude/group.

I went to use it again recently and, despite using PayPal to purchase some tokens, the software does not seem to have updated the tokens tied to my account, which means I am unable to use it. I think the server must be down or something, as I didn't do anything differently than I had done before.

I could go through the process of tracking down what went wrong and where, probably going through whatever (lack of) support procedures there are, but while I'm already at this juncture, I figured I would just post real quick in the forums here to see if any other members have had similar issues. Maybe the software isn't even supported anymore - I have no idea! Please let me know if that's the case!

Additionally, I also wanted to take a minute to ask if "ETACS Decoder" is still the go-to software for doing this in 2021. I think there had been some alternatives over the years. I had stuck with "ETACS Decoder" just because it worked consistently and didn't break anything, which was worth the $10 cost of admission (to me, at least). However, given that the "worked consistently" part is now in question, I'm willing to move to alternatives should they exist and work well.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    copy your original code first before messing with it so you can undo everything if you messed up.

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I use https://www.facebook.com/groups/mmcodingwriter/

Can't be bothered with paying for individual changes (token limits) with ETACS decoder.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to skyblue For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-19-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    I use https://www.facebook.com/groups/mmcodingwriter/

Can't be bothered with paying for individual changes (token limits) with ETACS decoder.
    Same. mmcodingwriter is what I use. I haven't had any issues with this and it's fairly intuitive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    My etacsdecoder token keep missing if I don't use it in several months. Now I use mmcodingwriter, it's free.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hi all,

Looking into using mmcodingwriter, did you also need to download additional drivers for the minivci cable and another software called "MUT" or is this all inside the same software?

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
    Hi all,

Looking into using mmcodingwriter, did you also need to download additional drivers for the minivci cable
    Yes, you need XHorse driver for miniVCI. Download from here, rename the file and add .zip extension.

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
    and another software called "MUT" or is this all inside the same software?
    AFAIK It needs different driver, tha paid one from Kolyandex forum.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

sunbeam (01-08-2024)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Not sure, but all I needed was the normal driver for the mini vci and a fix for the MUT program found here, be careful spending mega dollars for miracle fixes

This is the fix for MUT that allows you to select your adapter so that MUT doesn't go looking for the non existent cable and fail https://mega.nz/file/g3ZxHTJb#YSLyh_...W-w4G0bScp9t-c

Once you've downloaded and unpacked them you copy and overwrite the ones in this directory C:/MUTSW_SE/MUT3_SE/System/Common

Be sure to use MUT III second edition aka SE

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skyblueII For This Useful Post:

FreeYourSOUL (01-03-2024),sunbeam (01-08-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblueII View Post
    Not sure, but all I needed was the normal driver for the mini vci and a fix for the MUT program found here, be careful spending mega dollars for miracle fixes

This is the fix for MUT that allows you to select your adapter so that MUT doesn't go looking for the non existent cable and fail https://mega.nz/file/g3ZxHTJb#YSLyh_...W-w4G0bScp9t-c

Once you've downloaded and unpacked them you copy and overwrite the ones in this directory C:/MUTSW_SE/MUT3_SE/System/Common

Be sure to use MUT III second edition aka SE
    Do you mind linking to the "normal driver" having an issue with the minic-vci cable drivers.

Many thanks.