Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Mirage bling: chrome/plastic (head/tail/foglight accents) - Eastern Ontario

Free Mirage bling: chrome/plastic (head/tail/foglight accents) - Eastern Ontario

I removed the chrome plastic bling from Mirage #2 (shown above)when I got it:

- headlight accents
    - tail light accents
    - fog light surround accents

Could be re-used on another car with some good double-sided tape.

Fair/average condition (some sandblasting/chipping on the front-facing bits - more on the fogs than the headlight bits). Looks fine from 6 feet away.

Pick-up only in Eastern Ont / 1000 Islands region.

Attachment 23503

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (11-25-2021),dspace9 (11-19-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Well too bad you weren't closer to me. I wouldn't mind adding some chrome bling to my older base Mirage. Snazz it up a bit @159,900 kms.

Foglight chrome accents on a car with no foglights lol and almost no chrome except the 3 locks. What is next, a vinyl roof?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Yes! And a "Continental" kit on the back.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (11-25-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Spare tire is going the way of the way of the dinosaur. So a Continental kit on a Mirage with a real spare tire would be a statement.

Not gonna do it, let's inspire others for their idea boards. For me it's the hatchback design that keeps me with my Mirage. And the fuel economy. Fill ups are between $35 to $40 range now.

Practical grocery getter and daily commuter. I wish to have a few things for a future car: more spacious, better ride, heavier car. It's hard to justify when my Mirage has a small daily commute why bother with an upgrade. I only owned 3 cars in 23 years of driving license so I like to dream of other cars to own lol. Realistically it's another VW Cabriolet for me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

I had a Cabrio. Fun car.

If Toyota made a Prius convertible, I'd probably be lusting for one.

Are there any EV convertibles yet?? I don't think so. Not since the Tesla Roadster (really more of a targa).

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My Rabbit was a nice car, I paid very little for the car. I don't have it now. The tires are 13" and the hubcaps were similar to the half-chrome VW hubcap, half steelie tire going on. One fell off as you can see, so you can't see any in this old photo, unfortunately.

My Rabbit sat around more every year so we sold it. Was a nice car, rode nice, with a funny trunk that was very small. My friends would jump in and out of the car. Rabbit rode nice on the highway, with the no-power steering thing going on. Lost my Big Bill hat near grand bend. Long and heavy clutch. Annoying reverse gear in my opinion. Nice and solid car. I miss the car but I don't want to pay more than $400 again for the same thing.

Name:  rabbit.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  57.5 KB

I put GTI wheels ... 14" baby! ... and the GTI lower body stripe on mine. Reverse in mine was really crunchy. Abused synchros.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-20-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Reverse is hard to get into in my Mirage. In a different way than it was in my Rabbit. I do the 2nd gear to R trick, that solves the problem. But I shouldn't have to. Nothing is perfect.

My Mirage's 5 speed is actually better now than when brand new. Like a baseball glove. Not all stiff and sticky with wear. I find the clutch to be delicate but maybe it's my driving. I always go through the gears speeding up and slowing down. Car is in good shape. I take it easy with my car.

But I shouldn't have to.
    Says who? I'd say I've had to do that to smoothly get into R or 1st in most of the cars I've owned. Especially in cold weather.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Says who? I'd say I've had to do that to smoothly get into R or 1st in most of the cars I've owned. Especially in cold weather.
    Really eh, that's interesting. I hear ya. My 1st gear in my Mirage does not have that problem. Ever had any Volvos? There's a 2005 manual Volvo for sale near me with a 5 cylinder turbo, low kms.