Thread: Matching engine serial number to chassis number

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Matching engine serial number to chassis number

Hey guys i just recently bought a 2017 Mirage g4 ES with only 12k miles on it for a pretty good price because it has a rebuilt title. Inspected everything and scanned it and there is very little wrong with it. But last night as i was changing out the air filter i noticed the engine serial number didnÂ’t match anything on the vin or chassis number. I know with some manufacturers there is no correlation between the two but i cant find any info on the mirage when it comes to this. Any knowledge on this issue would help a lot because it seems as though the engine is the original just bases on what they did and didnÂ’t reuse when it came to rebuilding the front end. Thanks guy.

Edit: Usually this wouldnÂ’t be a big deal as i would just pull the valve cover off and inspect what the wear on the top end and just guess the mileage from there but thats the last ditch effort due to the assumed 12k mileage.

Last edited by Akyle6299; 11-20-2021 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Add on

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    They don't match. I bought my car new and the numbers on the engine and chassis aren't even close to each other.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Appreciate the info man I didn’t think they would but was just thinking a little too much.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Akyle6299 For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (11-22-2021)