Thread: A decent review... this reviewer gets it (Driving.ca)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

A decent review... this reviewer gets it (Driving.ca)

https://driving.ca/reviews/road-test...subishi-mirage

Finally! A reviewer who gets it

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kay123 For This Useful Post:

88coltturbo (12-13-2021),Cobrajet (11-21-2021),Mark (12-14-2021),MetroMPG (02-25-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Pretty even-handed review. Those Canadian auto reviewers are so much more mellow than the ones here!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    They review the manual Mirage for once, as well as the automatic. So it's a more accurate review for once. Makes sense to test a product with all the possible layouts. Anyway this is one of the better reviews of the Mirage for sure. Many good one liners and quotables:

---
    "a good little machine"

"Simple, lightweight, efficient, and comfortable, this no-frills runabout is basic transportation in perhaps its purest contemporary form"

"In a market dominated by Joneses -chasing luxury pickups and SUVs, the unpretentious Mirage stands out as a uniquely pragmatic buy"

"I’m convinced that today’s reviewers have grown so accustomed to the astonishing performance of modern premium cars that they have lost sight of just how far our econoboxes have come"

---

Mirages are simple and unpretentious cars in an era of bloated and expensive vehicles. And that seems to go for every brand. I did see a Maverick on the road yesterday for the first time, but overall, there are very few small cars for sale. Everything is big and chrome'y like the old days. Whether we are talking Lexus' or we are talking Buick.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

88coltturbo (12-13-2021),MetroMPG (02-25-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I was just about to post this review in a new thread. Glad I checked! The reviewer hit the nail on the head for the car's target market. This is the perfect car for anyone who has "been there, done that" with premium luxo barges or more-powerful-than-necessary sports cars.
    Less is more 😊

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Honest for sure!