Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CVT Mirage owner from Austalia ... not getting rated fuel economy

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    - terrain - Straight streets/roads, no hills at all.
    Lots of stop signs / traffic lights?

Too bad you're on the other side of the world. I'd love to ride along to see exactly where & how you drive.

Why would I start a fuel log, when I know the KM's I am getting out of each fill up lol.
    Because if there is something wrong with your car, a dealership service manager is going to pay more attention if you present a well documented case. Particularly if you can contrast your results against those of 65+ other Mirage owners.

(And as 3dplane says, it also serves as incentive to improve.)

Another suggestion:

Bring a second driver along to your dealership and ask permission to take another Mirage out for a test drive (same specification as yours, obviously). Reset both fuel consumption gauges, drive both cars together (at identical speeds & rates of acceleration & deceleration) along the same route. Compare the numbers when you get back to the dealership.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    In my instruction manual it says that, although the car CAN use even 90 RON, 95 is recommended. I think that is part of your problem. The other part is that you drive around town a lot. I have noticed that the Mirage is really far less economical around town with CVT when you drive normally. You can be economical around town too. But you will hold up traffic when accelerating. Be aware that with CVT you need to put your right foot a bit up after you reach the desired speed to let the lock up kick in. That saves fuel too.