Thread: DIY cruise control mirage 2017

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

DIY cruise control mirage 2017

Hello,
    There are some kits to buy at Aliexpress, for cruise control.
    I don't have this option on my car.
    It is a CVT version.
    Is it easy to install??
    I already took out the blind plate, and saw that there was a connector installed.
    So is it only to install the new bracket????
    Or do I have to do something else?
    Like activating the software??

Thanks

Last edited by noton; 11-21-2021 at 09:50 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    You need to enable CC in the ECU which requires an official scantool or a laptop with a mini VCI cable plus some obscure software drivers and ETACS decoder or MMcodingwriter, then you can either backpin into the connector with a DAOX switch (or make your own) that goes to the clockspring or try your luck installing a factory switch to the steering wheel, there's two different versions that have different resistance values, getting the wrong one will cause trouble, also make sure that the connector that plugs into the switch actually does something before buying a switch, in my case my green plug that went into the switch didn't do anything, so I used the former method. Also check your brake light sensor plug is suitable.

Hardness depends on your familiarity with all of the above and your patience.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...bling-in-ETACs
    Last edited by skyblue; 11-21-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    You need to enable CC in the ECU which requires an official scantool or a laptop with a mini VCI cable plus some obscure software drivers and ETACS decoder or MMcodingwriter, then you can either backpin into the connector with a DAOX switch (or make your own) that goes to the clockspring or try your luck installing a factory switch to the steering wheel, there's two different versions that have different resistance values, getting the wrong one will cause trouble, also make sure that the connector that plugs into the switch actually does something before buying a switch, in my case my green plug that went into the switch didn't do anything, so I used the former method. Also check your brake light sensor plug is suitable.

Hardness depends on your familiarity with all of the above and your patience.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...bling-in-ETACs
    Thanks for the info,
    But this is to technical and much work for me.

I thought that I can built in the cruise control bracket in the steering wheel, and then go to the dealer, so he can set the cruise control in the software.

Is this also an option??

Thanks

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by noton View Post
    Thanks for the info,
    But this is to technical and much work for me.

I thought that I can built in the cruise control bracket in the steering wheel, and then go to the dealer, so he can set the cruise control in the software.

Is this also an option??

Thanks
    Maybe, like I said sometimes the steering wheel plug isn't even connected and there's two different versions of switch, so be sure.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Hi, make sure your clockspring has 2 rows of pins. Some missing the lower row, which is for cruise control.
    If it only has 1 row You have to replace or modify it.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post88285

Also check is there wiring from behind steering wheel to the ECM, https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post78601

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

mohammad (11-27-2021)