Thread: Edible wiring

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Edible wiring

The link caught my attention on another forum:

https://antiqueradios.com/forums/vie...44522#p3457437

Is this kind of wire insulation in the Mitsu cars?

Karl

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CROSSBOLT For This Useful Post:

Wil B (11-23-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    2 years ago, my 2018 Mirage was parked at my uncle's overnight in Pennsylvania. Next morning.....no start. After a tow (courtesy of Mitsubishi) the tech at Younger Mitsubishi (Hagerstown, Maryland) found the rodent-chewed wires near the fuel tank by the fuel pump. The young man showed me the wires that were chewed and told me it's because they are made of a plant-based material. WTF!

I am eternally greatful to the guys at Younger Mitsubishi for fixing the car and sending me on my way in 3 hours! It was a scary situation when you're 700 miles away from home.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil B View Post
    2 years ago, my 2018 Mirage was parked at my uncle's overnight in Pennsylvania. Next morning.....no start. After a tow (courtesy of Mitsubishi) the tech at Younger Mitsubishi (Hagerstown, Maryland) found the rodent-chewed wires near the fuel tank by the fuel pump. The young man showed me the wires that were chewed and told me it's because they are made of a plant-based material. WTF!

I am eternally greatful to the guys at Younger Mitsubishi for fixing the car and sending me on my way in 3 hours! It was a scary situation when you're 700 miles away from home.
    I had a similar experience with my 2011 Forester. It sits at times, because I use my Mirage 90% of the time. Mice ate the wires near the gas tank on my Forester. It not only made the gas gauge go dead, it created all sort of havoc. It's the only time, the vehicle has ever ran rough, stalled at intersections, had numerous warning lights go off/stay on, and cruise was disabled. The Subaru mechanics spliced the wires back together, and everything was good again.