Thread: Spring clamps

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Spring clamps

I intend to replace my stock rear springs with something stiffer and I also want to increase height by 1 inch. However, the springs I bought ended being too long that when it was installed, it resulted to more than 2 inches height increase and the new springs appeared a bit bulging towards the rear. I'm not sure if the coil spring will require some time and/or load for it to break in and eventually settle down to my intended height of just 1 inch. The mechanic felt iffy about the height and he just re-installed the stock springs.

Someone suggested me this clamps to lower my overly-high new coil springs. Each coil spring will have two of this and will compress around the middle part. I search for it in the web and I noticed that in other countries, the clamps they have is all-metal. The ones we have here have thick rubber pads that will be in touch with the coil spring.

Do you think it's just fine to proceed with the clamps?

Name:  2021-11-23_14h52_00.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  19.7 KB

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    How about a set of Eibach springs? The rear sways less, and they don't need anything to correct a misfit because they fit perfectly.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    How about a set of Eibach springs? The rear sways less, and they don't need anything to correct a misfit because they fit perfectly.
    Eibach lowers the car about 1.5". Cool Silver is trying to raise the car an inch. I remember people trying new VW Beetle springs with success.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    White Slug has a great writeup on their aftermarket, etc., search for springs, including beetle springs.
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...(Garage-entry)