Thread: 2017 radio upgrade

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2017 radio upgrade

Well I recently bought a 2017 es for a great deal and am missing a good nonbase model radio. So picked up a bezel from a 2019 on eBay and just got a brand new 2021 head unit from a junk yard. Gonna try retrofitting it this weekend. Everything fits together like it's factory.. imagine that. Shouldn't be to much of a hassle I'm hoping

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got the radio in this afternoon. Will get some pics up soon. It is definitely 90% plug and play. No pin needed. Just have to make an adapter for steering wheel controls, microphone, and USB. Definitely better audio. HD radio is nice but mainly it has way better reception than the previous stock unit.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to killerrudy For This Useful Post:

daleWV (12-02-2021),Mark (12-03-2021),precisionxt (12-03-2021),Top_Fuel (12-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Need to find a wiring diagram for the radio still. Hard to find anything for a 2021 sadly. Or my googling is subpar..

Name:  smallradio.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  93.5 KB
    Last edited by killerrudy; 12-03-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got the USB and steering wheel controls from the 2021 in. All was plug and play. No issues with the steering wheel. I didn't have any controls from the factory so the main harness must be same across all trims. Gonna tackle the rear camera at some point. Will prob be much more involved

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hello! Will the 2021 stereo work on my 2016 glx? I hope it’s also plug and play like yours.

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by killerrudy View Post
    Got the USB and steering wheel controls from the 2021 in. All was plug and play. No issues with the steering wheel. I didn't have any controls from the factory so the main harness must be same across all trims. Gonna tackle the rear camera at some point. Will prob be much more involved
    I was also able to install mine but i don’t know what adapter i should use for the usb and aux