Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry to say, but I'm now Mirage-less

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Sorry to say, but I'm now Mirage-less

While I loved my Mirage, quite a bit actually, I did a financial whopper today and sold it to CarMax for nearly $4000.00 more than I paid for it! Let's just say they made me an offer I couldn't refuse

I'm not 100% sure I'll get another one, not unless I can find an older one, preferably manual, for under $4000.00...I know, that's a pipe dream for sure, but we can all dream

I'll keep on sticking around the forum here, I like you folks, but sadly, no more posts of Snow White, someone else will be her owner soon

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-04-2021),Wil B (12-04-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I hear you there... I sold all mine off because prices were crazy.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-04-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They're starving for new inventory. The perfect storm of the chip crisis combined with high gas prices combined with no one really making micro cars anymore is making everyone desperate....sometimes you just can't pass up taking advantage of it.

I'll find another one when all of this lunacy calms down, no sense even trying now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry for your loss.

But happy for your profit!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wil B For This Useful Post:

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Later dragon2knight, maybe you will get a 5 speed manual Mirage one day. It's annoying my 2014 Mirage would fetch way more money in the USA than in Canada. Money isn't all I want to paraphrase an old song. But sometimes yes lol.

I have thought of selling my car state-side, not sure the logistics of it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Later dragon2knight, maybe you will get a 5 speed manual Mirage one day. It's annoying my 2014 Mirage would fetch way more money in the USA than in Canada. Money isn't all I want to paraphrase an old song. But sometimes yes lol.

I have thought of selling my car state-side, not sure the logistics of it.
    I hope you can do it if it's possible, owning a car right now in the US is getting very expensive, I know a few friends who basically took their cars off the road until it all calms down. Sadly not everyone can do that.
    Oh, and you ain't getting rid of me that easily, lolz, I do love Mirages and will stick around here until I find another one down the road

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-04-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    While I loved my Mirage, quite a bit actually, I did a financial whopper today and sold it to CarMax for nearly $4000.00 more than I paid for it! Let's just say they made me an offer I couldn't refuse

I'm not 100% sure I'll get another one, not unless I can find an older one, preferably manual, for under $4000.00...I know, that's a pipe dream for sure, but we can all dream

I'll keep on sticking around the forum here, I like you folks, but sadly, no more posts of Snow White, someone else will be her owner soon
    If you don't have a need for a Mirage, it is a good time to sell. It's surely not a good time to replace a Mirage with another one. Whatever you gained in selling your Mirage would most likely be lost on the other end buying one. The used market is a bit nuts right now. ​

White Bear is listing 2022 ES manuals for $15,580 on cars.com. I doubt these cars are in stock, but they will get them eventually. There are used ES manuals listed higher than what WB is willing to sell a brand 2022 ES manual for. I tend to do a 500 mile radius search (2017+ ES manuals).

January - April of 2021 most of us could have bought a brand new 2021 Mirage ES manual for $9,999 ($10,999 - $1,000 loyalty rebate). That would translate to under $11,000 OTD for someone like myself (Wisconsin sales tax + other fees). I sense those days are gone, & they may not come back any time soon (or ever).

Under $10,000 OTD for a brand new car was very appealing to me in 2017. In today's market, under $10,000 OTD would buy me a used Mirage like the one I already have in my driveway.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

88coltturbo (12-08-2021),dragon2knight (12-04-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If you don't have a need for a Mirage, it is a good time to sell. It's surely not a good time to replace a Mirage with another one. Whatever you gained in selling your Mirage would most likely be lost on the other end buying one. The used market is a bit nuts right now. ​

White Bear is listing 2022 ES manuals for $15,580 on cars.com. I doubt these cars are in stock, but they will get them eventually. There are used ES manuals listed higher than what WB is willing to sell a brand 2022 ES manual for. I tend to do a 500 mile radius search (2017+ ES manuals).

January - April of 2021 most of us could have bought a brand new 2021 Mirage ES manual for $9,999 ($10,999 - $1,000 loyalty rebate). That would translate to under $11,000 OTD for someone like myself (Wisconsin sales tax + other fees). I sense those days are gone, & they may not come back any time soon (or ever).

Under $10,000 OTD for a brand new car was very appealing to me in 2017. In today's market, under $10,000 OTD would buy me a used Mirage like the one I already have in my driveway.
    I have patience and have no need of a car for at least another year. so I'm gonna wait this mess out and see what comes of it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    I have patience and have no need of a car for at least another year. so I'm gonna wait this mess out and see what comes of it.
    I don't question your decision to sell. Your situation is way better than someone trying to sell a one or two year car, & their remaining loan is much greater than what it is worth.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't question your decision to sell. Your situation is way better than someone trying to sell a one or two year car, & their remaining loan is much greater than what it is worth.
    That seriously was the main motivator, lolz. I paid WAY too much for this car. While it was what I wanted, Carvana was sadly the only dump--er---place that would extend me credit with a tiny down payment. While it was a great car, I'd take a bloodbath on resale long before it was paid off to the point it wouldn't even be good for a trade in. I'll do the smart thing and just buy an older one next time, I'd even get the manual that this car cries for.