Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginning of the end of the Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    Even if they didn't stop selling manuals in 2023, it is doubtful IMO that they'll keep selling the Mirage for much longer beyond '23.
    You could be correct. And if so, Mitsubishi really disappoints me. The lure me in with such an amazing vehicle, and then dumps it. I'm already pissed about the Mirage anyway. They might as well dump it if all they're going to have is a CVT Mirage. I wouldn't even consider buying one with a CVT. Maybe I should go get one of those Corolla GRs (I think they're called). A 3 cylinder 6 speed, and then store it up in the garage until I'm done with the Mirage...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (09-02-2022),Mirageman38 (09-01-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    Are there numbers to back this up?

Over here, French cars are said to be totally unreliable, but I know so many people who swear by them for many, many years and I see some of them arriving at work daily
    The Jatco CVT has been a colossal failure in their cars. Most Nissan forums are filled with numerous complaints. And I'll throw in my experience with my sons Altima 2.5 Lwhich had the known problem of sucking pieces of the front cat back into the engine and destroying the rings/cylinder walls. Also the passenger door handle was like tin and snapped off. Thing was a hybrid: it burned gas AND oil.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I know I was saying no way they will completely remove the Mirage the other day but this changes things. I think they will need to come out with some other high efficient model if they do remove the mirage. Mitsubishi has so few models and I don't find generic SUVs very appealing at all. Too bad they removed the Lancer and we have no Mits pickups either. If they remove the mirage and add nothing I am literally done buying Mitsubishi.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirageman38 For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (09-01-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    I know I was saying no way they will completely remove the Mirage the other day but this changes things. I think they will need to come out with some other high efficient model if they do remove the mirage. Mitsubishi has so few models and I don't find generic SUVs very appealing at all. Too bad they removed the Lancer and we have no Mits pickups either. If they remove the mirage and add nothing I am literally done buying Mitsubishi.
    Yeah, wouldn't mind being a part of the "Phoenix rising from the ashes", but give me something decent/different to buy to stay in the family.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    My understanding is that the Versa is a fairly decent vehicle, sans the CVT. Add a CVT and it is a big steaming pile of crap. For whatever reason, the Jatco CVT in Nissans is programmed to take a dump every 15k miles or so. I think Nissan figures that automagic drivers prefer to have to deal with issues. And that manual drivers prefer reliability, and higher driving satisfaction. Maybe their CVTs crap out so much in order to keep bringing customers back to the dealership in order to perhaps put them in another turd. Who knows.

CVTs would be better if they operated in the original fashion a CVT was intended, and if it didn't fake in "shifting." And if they didn't crap out every 3rd trip (in Nissans).
    I agree Nissan engines are still solid. A manual Versa would be a pleasure to drive.

I'm VERY disappointed Mitsu didn't go with selling the L200/Triton mid size pickup in the US. Nissan could highly benefit their NA factories building Frontiers and rebadging them a Triton.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I agree Nissan engines are still solid. A manual Versa would be a pleasure to drive.

I'm VERY disappointed Mitsu didn't go with selling the L200/Triton mid size pickup in the US. Nissan could highly benefit their NA factories building Frontiers and rebadging them a Triton.
    I have not heard a single person claim Renault has made Nissan better. I highly doubt Nissan will make Mitsubishi better. I was hoping that Mitsubishi would make Nissan better, but that was wishful thinking on my part.

The Mitsubishi Triton becoming a Nissan truck is the number one reason I believe Mitsubishi is dying a slow death. There are good mergers in business, and there are bad ones. The Alliance is a bad one.

This guys reflects my opinion of Mitsubishi pickup truck becoming Nissan pickup trucks. Keep in mind - this guy is extremely critical of the automotive industry. Yet, he owns a Mitsubishi Triton in Australia. I highly doubt he will own one made by Nissan in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI1CwiOPN0Q&t=196s

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (09-02-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I have not heard a single person claim Renault has made Nissan better. I highly doubt Nissan will make Mitsubishi better. I was hoping that Mitsubishi would make Nissan better, but that was wishful thinking on my part.

The Mitsubishi Triton becoming a Nissan truck is the number one reason I believe Mitsubishi is dying a slow death. There are good mergers in business, and there are bad ones. The Alliance is a bad one.

This guys reflects my opinion of Mitsubishi pickup truck becoming Nissan pickup trucks. Keep in mind - this guy is extremely critical of the automotive industry. Yet, he owns a Mitsubishi Triton in Australia. I highly doubt he will own one made by Nissan in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI1CwiOPN0Q&t=196s
    That Australian guy hates the Navarra right? Isn't the Frontier a bit differently?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That Australian guy hates the Navarra right? Isn't the Frontier a bit differently?
    I think the point is - he likes the Mitsubishi Triton enough to own one. The Triton is the 2nd best selling pickup truck (Toyota Hilux is number one) in Australia. If a Nissan pickup truck was well received and the 2nd best selling pickup truck in Australia, one could argue this was a good move. From everything I have read & seen, a Triton was a good product for the money. Making it an inferior Nissan product is not a good move in my opinion.

If Mitsubishi is selling Nissan products and I liked one of them, I am buying it at the Nissan dealer. Mitsubishi dealerships suck in my area. I don't see Nissan & Mitsubishi rising to the top. I think Mitsubishi as we know it is doomed. If someone is a Nissan fan boy, however, they may feel differently.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I think the point is - he likes the Mitsubishi Triton enough to own one. The Triton is the 2nd best selling pickup truck (Toyota Hilux is number one) in Australia. If a Nissan pickup truck was well received and the 2nd best selling pickup truck in Australia, one could argue this was a good move. From everything I have read & seen, a Triton was a good product for the money. Making it an inferior Nissan product is not a good move in my opinion.

If Mitsubishi is selling Nissan products and I liked one of them, I am buying it at the Nissan dealer. Mitsubishi dealerships suck in my area. I don't see Nissan & Mitsubishi rising to the top. I think Mitsubishi as we know it is doomed. If someone is a Nissan fan boy, however, they may feel differently.
    Are you not a fan of the old Nissan Frontier though? I thought they had a pretty good reputation for reliability for Nissan? I'm asking?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Are you not a fan of the old Nissan Frontier though? I thought they had a pretty good reputation for reliability for Nissan? I'm asking?
    There's the delivery guy that put 1,000,000 miles on his 2007 RWD, 5 speed manual Nissan Frontier.

"The major difference between Nissan Frontier and Navara is the market location, where the Nissan Frontier nameplate is used in North America. Navara or NP300 nameplate is used all over the Asian and European side. Nissan Frontier is the Third-Generation of Nissan, whereas Navara is second-Generation."

The Alliance has eliminated the Mitsubishi Triton in Australia, because it should be called the Nissan Triton now. If the Nissan Navara was a great truck value, it would have been the 2nd most popular pickup truck in Australia instead of the Triton.. Why not put the Mitsubishi Triton power train in the Nissan Navara? I just think Mitsubishi as we know it is dead. The Triton is a good sign of where things are headed. Mitsubishi will become Nissan products with a different name/label. If you like Nissan products, there's nothing wrong with that.

Unless Toyota goes under, I don't see myself buying a Nissan product in the future.

This is coming from someone who has never owned a Toyota.