Thread: Thank God the 2014/15s came with an aux jack!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Thank God the 2014/15s came with an aux jack!

So I got a new phone, the Samsung s21 and it's great except for one thing. My new phone doesn't come with a plug in jack! Samsung felt it was redundant tech I suppose. Well guess how pissed I was when I tried to plug my new phone into my aux receiver on my radio lol. So I ordered one of these from Amazon. Anyone have any luck with these bluetooth adapters?

Name:  Screenshot_20211208-180451_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  90.1 KB

No not me but I've had good experiences with the Anker brand.

I might have to do this when I upgrade from my Pixel 3a (headphone jack) to the Pixel 5 (no headphone jack).

I was going to try a USB-C to headphone adapter that also supplies power to the phone. Most Android phones use USB-C nowadays.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I have one of those in my 2004 Saab 9-3 convertible. Not that brand, though. Works great, but the one I have has a couple of drawbacks. One, I have to remember to turn it on/off. Leave it on and the battery will go dead and you will have to recharge it.

Which brings me to my second gripe. It will not work while it is being charged. But it streams audio just fine. Oh, and I have an S21 hooked to mine as well.

I presume your Mirage does not have Bluetooth? That is how I listen to music in mine.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    My Mirage actually comes with a third-party GPS headunit with Bluetooth on it. But for my 2002 Toyota Revo, I use a $3 generic bluetooth aux adapter powered by USB. The set up is basically:

Fuse box -> Add-a-circuit fuse tap -> Lighter socket -> USB charger adapter -> Bluetooth adapter -> Cassette adapter (via 3.5mm jack) -> Head unit.

Works pretty good. The only issue being that I get that loud rhythmic interference when a phone receives a text. Otherwise, sound quality is actually clean and impressive.

Not sure if it's this particular item but it looks similar: https://www.amazon.com/Blutooth-Wire.../dp/B08ZYCKC7K

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I have one of those in my 2004 Saab 9-3 convertible. Not that brand, though. Works great, but the one I have has a couple of drawbacks. One, I have to remember to turn it on/off. Leave it on and the battery will go dead and you will have to recharge it.

Which brings me to my second gripe. It will not work while it is being charged. But it streams audio just fine. Oh, and I have an S21 hooked to mine as well.

I presume your Mirage does not have Bluetooth? That is how I listen to music in mine.
    Base 2014 DE has no Bluetooth.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    My Mirage actually comes with a third-party GPS headunit with Bluetooth on it. But for my 2002 Toyota Revo, I use a $3 generic bluetooth aux adapter powered by USB. The set up is basically:

Fuse box -> Add-a-circuit fuse tap -> Lighter socket -> USB charger adapter -> Bluetooth adapter -> Cassette adapter (via 3.5mm jack) -> Head unit.

Works pretty good. The only issue being that I get that loud rhythmic interference when a phone receives a text. Otherwise, sound quality is actually clean and impressive.

Not sure if it's this particular item but it looks similar: https://www.amazon.com/Blutooth-Wire.../dp/B08ZYCKC7K
    Whoa I'm not trying to do all that lol. I'm just hoping it works with my AUX.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dirk, you know I got the "base" 2018-2020 touch screen with built in bluetooth and the proper dash surround for it chilling here if you're interested in not having to use the dongle thing.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Base 2014 DE has no Bluetooth.
    Here is your chance to add it super cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25522187346...IAAOSw2sZbTjS3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-11-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Here is your chance to add it super cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25522187346...IAAOSw2sZbTjS3
    Awesome link Cobra! That's plan B if my dongle isn't up to par.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Well tested it out and it's great. The only con is if it's charging and no song is playing there's a weird feedback humming noise. You simply unplug it and it sounds great!