Thread: warranty service, locations

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

warranty service, locations

I know Mitsubishi has an awesome warranty, but I'm wondering where that service can be done.

I live about 30 mins north of Barrie, and there's no local dealership up here. Would I need to go to barrie for warranty service?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Any licensed mechanic can work on your car, people even take their cars to those 10 minute oil change places, and that does not void the warranty. Not recommended from Dirk's experience recently.

The dealership pressures you into their diamond service package, but it's not mandatory to take your car for service at a Mitsubishi brand shop.

At my local mechanic shop, there is an old poster above the one door that reads along the lines of, any licensed mechanic at a reputable dealer can service your car without voiding any warranty. They word it better but that's just fact.

My car just ran out of powertrain warranty last week. Took almost 8 years but I just went over 160,000 kms on my car.

*Edit woops misread lol thanks 88coltturbo
    Last edited by dspace9; 12-11-2021 at 09:19 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (12-12-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I would think that for warranty service, you'd have to. I don't think an independent garage would send Mitsubishi the bill for a warranty repair.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pellaken View Post
    I know Mitsubishi has an awesome warranty, but I'm wondering where that service can be done.

I live about 30 mins north of Barrie, and there's no local dealership up here. Would I need to go to barrie for warranty service?
    Service can be done anywhere most likely. I would take any warranty or recall work to Barrie Mitsubishi. 30 minutes isn't that bad. You'll just want to keep good records of your service being done. You can ask these questions up front before buying, too!

My nearest dealer is 72 miles (1 hour 26 minutes) from my home. If I thought I needed to use a dealership for anything outside warranty work, I would have bought something else.

My best vehicles were ones that never needed dealership service even past the warranty period. I like the dealership I bought my Mirage from, but I am not driving 4 hours one way for an oil change.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have to be honest that dealership distance does matter to me a bit. Still, as I mentioned in other threads, at this point in my life I'd need to win the lotto to get a car; and if I did win the lotto, I probably could just open a local Mitsubishi dealership for $250,000.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pellaken For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-13-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ya eh, who knows what the future will bring, a basic used Mirage is a good buy in Canada these days, new Mirage was a good buy but now they are getting too expensive imo, and with too many gadgets.

I like an economy car true to its self, an econobox, not dressed up with bells and whistles, but still an econobox.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pellaken View Post
    I have to be honest that dealership distance does matter to me a bit. Still, as I mentioned in other threads, at this point in my life I'd need to win the lotto to get a car; and if I did win the lotto, I probably could just open a local Mitsubishi dealership for $250,000.
    I think it's more important to know of a good hometown mechanic. Someone you can trust to inspect a used Mirage before you even buy it. I would ask people you know in your area about it.

If you open your own Mitsubishi dealership, you should be able to give yourself a good deal on a new one!

The average start up costs for a U.S.A. dealership is about $11 million (that's $14 million using the current exchange rate for Canada), and that source was a few years old.

Owning a vehicle is an expensive investment, & most depreciate the moment you sign the paperwork to purchase it.

I hope you overcome your hurdles to buy a nice Mirage some day. It's fun to dream, too!