Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrecked my Mirage....... UPDATE: bought another one

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    My dream is to go to Canada, eat poutine at Tim Hortons
    That's a nightmare - Tim Hortons, or any fast food joint is the LAST place you'll want to try a poutine.
    If you're ever in Ottawa, drop me a line, I'll get you the real deal poutine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    We can buy bags of milk in Wisconsin. All the Kwik Trip Stores in the state have been selling bags of milk since the 1990's. You don't need a passport to visit Wisconsin!
    Land of 10k Lakes! Where you don't need to be a millionaire to own Lake Front property. I think Georgia has like 20 natural lakes?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    The cheapest 6-speed manual Corolla hatchback (2019 with 52,000 miles) is about $22,000 near me (200 miles away).

If I had to replace my Mirage today, I would be looking for a manual Toyota Matrix (or Pontiac Vibe) with less than 100,000 miles on it. Those cars were Corolla hatchbacks with a different name. It would take some effort, but I think I could find one for well under half the price of the more modern Corolla hatchback.

A well taken care Matrix or Vibe will run for a very long time. I really like my Mirage, but I wouldn't pay more than $10,000 for one (new or used) without considering other options.
    When The Warden crashed our 5-speed Corolla (2004 model) in 2019 (I think it was), we replaced it with a 2009 Toyota Matrix. We chose the Matrix because her friend at work was selling it to buy a new car at the exact time. She sold it to us for $4,000! It had about 78k miles on it. It is an automatic, and the automatic is somewhat annoying, but not too horrible. I looked at KBB and NADA and at that time the car was worth about $8,500. So I couldn't pass it up. Had a few little problems I fixed. And it feels like a tank when opening and closing doors compared to the Mirage. Helluva car for $4,000. Sold my well-crashed Corolla for $900 to someone who thought he could fix it up. Scotty Kilmer has the exact 2009 Matrix as I do!

7milesout

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    IDK where 7milesout has been, but he should buy this from you and put a mad max style rear bumper guard on it and a lift kit and give it to his nephew.
    Actually - It would be a helluva nice vehicle for my nephew. But he's all truck brainwashed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Land of 10k Lakes! Where you don't need to be a millionaire to own Lake Front property. I think Georgia has like 20 natural lakes?
    The state that claimed 10,000 lakes on their plates years ago was Minnesota, but that's an underestimate.

"Minnesota's official nickname comes from its French state motto, adopted in 1861: l'étoile du nord meaning, “the star of the north.” Another unofficial nickname is the Land of 10,000 Lakes because, well, Minnesota has thousands of lakes—11,842 to be exact! "

Not to take a dump on our neighbors, but -

The story goes something like this: according to the Wisconsin DNR, Wisconsin has 15,074 lakes. Minnesota, by comparison, has 11,842 based on stats available from the Minnesota DNR. May 28, 2019

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-23-2021),MetroMPG (12-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 88coltturbo View Post
    That's a nightmare - Tim Hortons, or any fast food joint is the LAST place you'll want to try a poutine.
    You're gonna take him to Swiss Chalet, right?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

twister77 (12-24-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 88coltturbo View Post
    Nice! Thank you man. I kid about Tim Hortons because it's a Canadian icon for better or worse, similar to our Dunkin' Donuts. I do want to go out drinking with hockey hooligans though, after a big game.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Somebody needs to discover a new continent, and make it perfect. Free healthcare for all, all drugs are legal, free and delivered right to your door, 100% taxes and let the new gobment give us whatever amount of money they decide we should be allowed. Free housing, free prostitutes, free poutine, free maid service, free chef service. Free PhD's for all so we can all be equally smart!

Just wake up at noon, go into work in the late afternoon, put in 45 minutes of good hard work only taking 1 meth-smoke break during that time, then go home. Free / unlimited immigration, 99% housing subsidies. And monetary profit collected by anyone or any company / corporation should be made to be illegal. Anyone who receives a profit goes to jail. Only green energy allowed, no combustion anything, 100% green public transportation, no private transportation.

Nothing is good unless it's free. No evil profit! I'll be the first president, no term limits! Yahooooo! United Eutopia of 7Milesout! You're welcome!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-24-2021),MetroMPG (12-23-2021)

^ That was funny.

Also... I'M IN!!

You're welcome to come pay Canadian tax rates for some of our "free" healthcare.

I'm not complaining. But I hear some people do.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    We can buy bags of milk in Wisconsin.
    We can get bags of Milk in Ontario, If anyone wants, I'll put one in the mail... Not going to guarantee the quality when you get it tho...

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)