Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrecked my Mirage....... UPDATE: bought another one

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I'm betting he could but maybe there are complications. I had a close coworker I worked with at the Hyundai plant in Alabama. Came down from Canadia. Worst human being I've ever been exposed to. Not a Canada thing, he was just scum-filled-dirt. After giving another friend of ours (a builder) a bunch of crap over the house he bought at a huge discount from the builder then just stopped paying for, foreclosed and moved back to Cananda, he got fired from some Canadian gobment job, worked under the table and his ex-wife (also Canadian) had to pay him spousal support via Canadian law. Meanwhile she had full custody of his 2 young sons and wasn't making a tremendous amount of money either.

And he let her pay him a looooong time. All while working under the table. Taking the support AWAY from his sons. Her parents had to support her and her kids primarily. The last day I ever spoke to him was 08/08/08. The greatest day of my life.
    Downton Abbey exhibition at Perimeter Pointe 7mile! Would you care to join us?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Well tomorrows the big day. I drive from Atlanta to Albany GA to pick up my new lot leftover Mirage. I got my cashiers check for the full amount, minus the $2k I put down to put it on hold for a few days. I'm just hoping there's no last minute shenanigans from the sales staff. I'm about 95% sure this isn't a bait and switch, because the salesman did text me pics of the purchase order, the car itself with an Albany Mitsubishi decal on it (any good way to get this off?), a picture of the 2 keys with the vin # written on their key tags, a window sticker, and a picture of the spare tire. So wish me luck. I'll do a full write up about the Android Auto feature and touchscreen and how well the OEM cruise control works with the CVT7, I'm not holding out much hope for that lol. It's just such a violent kick to the rpms on slight inclines, I can't imagine this is good for the CVT? Thoughts on that? I'm also hoping the Falken tires will be a little quieter than the cheap tires I had on my previous Mirage.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

fc321 (01-06-2022),inuvik (12-27-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Also, since this is a car that's been sitting in a Florida and Georgia lot for a year, is there anything I should look out for during the test drive?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    ...the salesman did text me pics of the purchase order...
    By pics, do you mean you are able to read every number on that document and everything makes sense to you? Normally when someone sends me an official document, it is a PDF attachment in an email. As long as you can read it and the numbers look fine to you, you are OK. If you can't read it...well...that's not a good sign.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    By pics, do you mean you are able to read every number on that document and everything makes sense to you? Normally when someone sends me an official document, it is a PDF attachment in an email. As long as you can read it and the numbers look fine to you, you are OK. If you can't read it...well...that's not a good sign.
    Oh, I got the pdf and the text picture. I just hope the new car is in good condition. You think the battery will need to be changed soon, since it's been sitting for a year?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (12-28-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Oh, I got the pdf and the text picture. I just hope the new car is in good condition. You think the battery will need to be changed soon, since it's been sitting for a year?
    My Outlander Sport sat for almost a year on the dealers lot. I haven't had any issues with the battery in the over 2 years I've owned it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-27-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    My Outlander Sport sat for almost a year on the dealers lot. I haven't had any issues with the battery in the over 2 years I've owned it.
    It's got 500 miles on the clock, so I'm guessing it's been moved back and fourth between Mitsubishi sister stores.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    If it has 500 miles on it, it hasn't really sat all year. I wouldn't be concerned about the battery. The drive home will charge it up good, too!

Since my Mirage was built in January of 2017, I have to believe my Mirage factory battery is about 5 years old now. I haven't sense a need to replace it yet. For low 356 CCA battery, they appear to be of decent quality.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow! Safe travels, too!
    Last edited by Mark; 12-27-2021 at 10:30 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-27-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If it has 500 miles on it, it hasn't really sat all year. I wouldn't be concerned about the battery. The drive home will charge it up good, too!

Since my Mirage was built in January of 2017, I have to believe my Mirage factory battery is about 5 years old now. I haven't sense a need to replace it yet. For low 356 CCA battery, they appear to be of decent quality.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow! Safe travels, too!
    Thank you Mark. It's going to be a Mirage convoy heading back home!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Well tomorrows the big day. I drive from Atlanta to Albany GA to pick up my new lot leftover Mirage. I got my cashiers check for the full amount, minus the $2k I put down to put it on hold for a few days. I'm just hoping there's no last minute shenanigans from the sales staff.
    You are showing up with a check for the exact amount you owe them. Not sure what they could do.