Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITEKT windshield ceramic coating anyone?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

ITEKT windshield ceramic coating anyone?

Hi Forum folks, has anyone tried ITEKT nano ceramic windshield treatment? For improved visibility?

I saw an ad on TV eh. You coat your windshield with an invisible, sand-based formula, and then according to the ads, you use your wipers and washer fluid much less. Better visibility in bad weather and better for the environment with less use of washer fluid. Coating is used in rally racing apparently to repel mud.

Anyway anyone tried out the product? $49.99 so it's nice to hear people's takes first thanks.

https://itekt.com/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    rain-x offers a rain water beading windshield spray on coating as well. Rain-x even offers windshield washer fluid that already contains their "revolutionary product" i dont see how your weird "ceramic" coating could be better than the $16 bottle of rain-x. The problem is the coating washes away quite quickly. if you look at the product photos in your link on the back of the box it says that the product must be reapplied every 5 to 12 weeks. Thats too much work in my opinion.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-18-2021)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks

Yes, use rainX is enough. Here's mine in rain.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-18-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    FreeYourSOUL, is that RainX that came in a spray bottle, that you sprayed on your windshield?

The version mohammad is talking about is what I'm familiar with, RainX that comes in a jug of windshield washer fluid.

The other day I used windex glass cleaner on my windshield, and it was a huge improvement. Seems so basic. But I was driving around with a ton of smudges. You don't even notice them after a while, til you clean them off.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    FreeYourSOUL, is that RainX that came in a spray bottle, that you sprayed on your windshield?
    Name:  05c7ae13b5794b56522228eabf4c0002.jpg
Views: 1425
Size:  93.4 KB

I use this one.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-18-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ok cool, I found the same stuff for $8.99 at a local store Canadian Tire. I'll pick some up tomorrow, thanks. I think I will do the whole car since I get weird fog build up on the passenger door windows. Like a film almost.

Name:  rainx.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  24.5 KB

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/r...w.ds#store=104

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (12-18-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I like rainx myself. I use it all summer, but can't really apply it in winter due to the cold. It would be nice to have something that lastst longer.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-19-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    "sand-based" and windshield doesn't sound like things that should go together...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-19-2021),mohammad (12-18-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm not that worried about the sand-based aspect. Does sound sketchy ya. But if this is a mass production glass protector cream, and it scratched glass, well they won't be in business long. Certainly wouldn't have the funds for ads on TSN (ESPN). So my guess it's a question of if it's more or less effective than the Rain-x original, and how long it lasts. I haven't tried either yet.

I want to try the Rain-x original product first since it's under $10. Then, if I feel glass treatment is the way to go, I may move up to the sand stuff Itekt.

I feel like foggy windows in my Mirage in bad weather has to be improved somehow. And I don't think I have any problems with my heater, I keep the car cleaned off well even though my Mirage parks outdoors all the time except at the mall.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I feel like foggy windows in my Mirage in bad weather has to be improved somehow. And I don't think I have any problems with my heater, I keep the car cleaned off well even though my Mirage parks outdoors all the time except at the mall.
    I thought Fog is on the inside of your windows, isnt this ceramic coating snake oil meant to coat the outside of your window? rain-x has a separate product designed specifically for the interior of windows. Regular rain-x is not suppose to be applied to the interior of windows

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-19-2021)