Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Mirage be the last non-hybrid vehicle?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Will Mirage be the last non-hybrid vehicle?

40MPG mandate by 2026...

https://apnews.com/article/climate-j...3b138a680739c7

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    A year ago (while during the pandemic) -

We were independent of all foreign oil.

Peace treaties were being signed in the Middle East (resulting in several Nobel Peace prize nominations).

If they continued to mess around, North Korea was told the wrath of the US would be upon them (like no one has ever been seen before). We didn't hear about that nut job for a few years, did we?

No American soldiers died in Afghanistan in 2020.

Russia was towing the line and not presenting its threats in other parts of the world.

Our borders were becoming secure with the help of Mexican officials working cooperatively with us!

If you embrace peace in the world, you better be willing to support the strength that it takes to have it.

Our economy was bouncing back despite the pandemic a year ago. There's was no talk of inflation. You could buy a brand new Mirage for $10,000 -11,000 at the right dealerships.

Unemployment for minorities was at an all time low prior to the pandemic.

We were told a vaccine would take years to appear, but it only took several months to realize that wasn't true.

Despite all that, 2021 COVID deaths have surpassed 2020 deaths. I lost a first cousin this past summer to COVID. I don't take thls lightly. I feel for anyone who has lost loved ones!

I am not making this political, but I could go on & on. I am just posting a few of the more obvious things. I am stating where things were & where they were headed. Something changed drastically! Before you place a label on me - I really don't care for Trump.

I really don't feel our current leadership is well respected in the world, & that does scare me!

The nail in the coffin for all this will be the word "MANDATE".

I didn't open the attached article, because I don't see things staying this way.

Will the Mirage be the last non-hybrid car? No! The political scene will change long before that in my opinion. I cling to that thought at least!
    Last edited by Mark; 12-21-2021 at 12:51 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (12-21-2021),CROSSBOLT (12-21-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I think it stands a good chance of being amongst the last!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    A year ago (while during the pandemic) -

We were independent of all foreign oil.

Peace treaties were being signed in the Middle East (resulting in several Nobel Peace prize nominations).

If they continued to mess around, North Korea was told the wrath of the US would be upon them (like no one has ever been seen before). We didn't hear about that nut job for a few years, did we?

No American soldiers died in Afghanistan in 2020.

Russia was towing the line and not presenting its threats in other parts of the world.

Our borders were becoming secure with the help of Mexican officials working cooperatively with us!

If you embrace peace in the world, you better be willing to support the strength that it takes to have it.

Our economy was bouncing back despite the pandemic a year ago. There's was no talk of inflation. You could buy a brand new Mirage for $10,000 -11,000 at the right dealerships.

Unemployment for minorities was at an all time low prior to the pandemic.

We were told a vaccine would take years to appear, but it only took several months to realize that wasn't true.

Despite all that, 2021 COVID deaths have surpassed 2020 deaths. I lost a first cousin this past summer to COVID. I don't take thls lightly. I feel anyone who has lost loved ones!

I am not making this political, but I could go on & on. I am just posting a few of the more obvious things. I am stating where things were & where they were headed. Something changed drastically! Before you place a label on me - I really don't care for Trump.

I really don't feel our current leadership is well respected in the world, & that does scare me!

The nail in the coffin for all this will be the word "MANDATE".

I didn't open the attached article, because I don't see things staying this way.

Will the Mirage be the last non-hybrid car? No! The political scene will change long before that in my opinion. I cling to that thought at least!
    I am surprised some thought police have not arrested you for this train of ideas in a post! I happen to share your observations and we have lots of company.

However, Brandon fulminating fuel standards by 2026 goes entirely against the purpose of government. I do recall the mechanical disaters of the 70's by "strict emissions standards" and the rush to respond. Engines that would not shut down, burned valves, valve seat problems, overheating. The ONLY good thing that came out of that mess was EFI.

There was an event that was largely ignored by media and "regulators." Honda made special three-valve heads for a Chevrolet Impala and shipped it as a gift to GM. This thing had drastically improved mileage and surpassed the 1974 standard THREE YEARS BEFORE THEY WERE REQUIRED. GM ignored the free license technology gift.

The edict of 2026 is to please the liberal voting base and nothing else. All it will do is further increase the costs of owning a car.
    Karl

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CROSSBOLT For This Useful Post:

Mark (12-21-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I think it stands a good chance of being amongst the last!
    I'll take a wager that pickup trucks & gas guzzling SUVs will be still be selling in 2026.

The Mirage may still be around in 5 years, but I don't think it will be standing alone as the only non-hybrid.

In a way, the Mirage is already one of the last standing (along with the Spark) without the mandate.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    There was an event that was largely ignored by media and "regulators." Honda made special three-valve heads for a Chevrolet Impala and shipped it as a gift to GM. This thing had drastically improved mileage and surpassed the 1974 standard THREE YEARS BEFORE THEY WERE REQUIRED. GM ignored the free license technology gift.
    I would really like to read / study this as I have never heard of it.. Can you share a link / article???
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    america will never accept this ford cant even accept that aisin has a better transmission than them and let the ranger raptor demolish its reputation due to transmission failure.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    america will never accept this ford cant even accept that aisin has a better transmission than them and let the ranger raptor demolish its reputation due to transmission failure.
    I have no clue what this means?

I am an American, & I think Aisin makes better transmissions than most.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Im sorry that should be american car manufacturer, yah and i dont know why ford is not using it, this would make the ranger raptor perfect.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    That’s incorrect. For example Chrysler has used Aisin transmissions in their Jeeps and Ram trucks. U.S. based Borg-Warner collaborated with Aisin to develop and produce the AW4.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)