Thread: Love our stinky Mirage hatch back!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Love our stinky Mirage hatch back!

Really way nicer than the Spark, rides better, quieter, more farkles but stinks outside of raw gasoline on a cold start. Not inside but when I am outside manning the gate and she has just fired it up the gas smell is VERY noticable.

I just assume it is normal for this ECU map but have any of you noticed this? It is a 2020....CVT....

Karl

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    Really way nicer than the Spark, rides better, quieter, more farkles but stinks outside of raw gasoline on a cold start. Not inside but when I am outside manning the gate and she has just fired it up the gas smell is VERY noticable.

I just assume it is normal for this ECU map but have any of you noticed this? It is a 2020....CVT....
    i ddnt notice this but as you said "just fired up" the cat did not yet reach its normal operating temp as same as the engine unburned gas is still high during this state of the vehicle so for me its normal, one job for the cat is to burn unburned gas before escaping to the exhaust.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to allrock For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (12-21-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have a 2018, & if I start it to let it warm up while I sweep the snow off & scrape the windshield ( ), I also get a smell of raw fuel @ times. As Allrock says, probably normal until you get some heat in the cats...

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (12-21-2021)